• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

I think it's so funny that instead of the media mentioning the Bucs multiple weaknesses (DT position, LB core), they mention that CARL NICKS IS THERE!!11!!111 Yes, he'll make a difference, but that's assuming Doug Martin is worth a damn to begin with, which we don't know.

#62 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

The only thing I am sure of is that we better go in there with a taste for blood from the opening kick-off. Tampa absolutely QUIT playing last season, especially down the stretch where we beat them twice. If we are expecting to see that team on Sunday, we will be in for a rude awakening. I hope that we are mentally prepared to face an actual NFL team when we take the field.

#63 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

I picked the wrong career. Imagine getting paid for writing moronic bullshit and getting paid top dollar for it.

#64 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,172 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

I don't know....maybe it was the Jake/Foz effect. But they werent dominate up front like they were. I don't think Keydrick and Otah were the same players but who knows. We also lost Gross and shuffled.

'09 was a precursor to '10 and just a general hangover from that cards whopping in the playoffs.

the team (players and FO) lost faith in fox and jake at that point...esp. in regards to the direction they were heading.

point is, that there's just not a lot of difference in that team and this one. we lost a couple key players but gained much more. i think you could look at the '08 team and this one and in comparison this one is at least as good and probably better because of the QB and the coaching staff/schemes.

people look at the panthers and focus on '09 and '10 and use that as the standard but this team was for years at least mediocre being held back by the coaching staff, the QB, the team being more one dimensional, and a lack of weapons on offense. that just isn't the case anymore.

#65 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,172 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

I think it's so funny that instead of the media mentioning the Bucs multiple weaknesses (DT position, LB core), they mention that CARL NICKS IS THERE!!11!!111 Yes, he'll make a difference, but that's assuming Doug Martin is worth a damn to begin with, which we don't know.

how many people do they think nicks is going to be blocking?

#66 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I bleed Panther blue and articles from jackasses like Schein piss me off just like you.

But when it comes down to it, the Panthers seem to fair better when they go under the radar. A team with lofty expectations can only fail to live up to them.

#67 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,172 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

I bleed Panther blue and articles from jackasses like Schein piss me off just like you.

But when it comes down to it, the Panthers seem to fair better when they go under the radar. A team with lofty expectations can only fail to live up to them.

this kind of thinking frustrates me.

the very moment that we make an impact in the playoffs, we are going to start being that team that is not just considered perennial playoff contenders, but superbowl contenders as well. once people see what these guys are capable of and it's not looking like a fluke expectations are going to be through the roof year after year...and a lot of that has to do with who we have at QB.

forget that under the radar crap. that whole mindset is fortunately heading straight for the rear view mirror.

the biggest problem i have with trying to fly under the radar is that it's a built in excuse for anything but excellent results..."well...we weren't really expected to do much anyway." meh....there's only so long a team can fly under the radar before they are successful. teams that always fly under the radar constantly live up to their low expectations.

i want this team to be king of the hill. i want them to be the one that everyone is gunning for and that everyone expects to be great. i want them to earn it and keep earning it.

enough with the moderate expectations. let's get this team on the radar.

#68 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

People have forgotten how explosive this offense really is. They will be reminded.

#69 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Nicks and Barron will improve the Bucs, but they aren't game changers. There isn't much reason to believe
that their QB situation will suddenly revert back.

All their new guys have to learn to play together too.

#70 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Put me down with Rayzor. The days of "fear of success" are over.

I don't care if we have big expectations to live up to. If this team executes, it has the talent to beat anyone any given Sunday.

Screw flying under the radar. We're ready for the big time.

#71 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,172 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Nicks and Barron will improve the Bucs, but they aren't game changers. There isn't much reason to believe
that their QB situation will suddenly revert back.

All their new guys have to learn to play together too.

who is barron going to be covering the whole game? olsen? i'll take olsen all day in that matchup.

#72 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

let's get this team on the radar.

Posted Image\

Posted Image

#73 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

^^^^ f u

#74 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,172 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image\

Posted Image

so? at least we got there.

i'm not afraid of failure. i'm afraid of apathy. i'm afraid of low goals and low expectations.

#75 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,986 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image

yeah we were a game away from the super bowl that season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com