Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperCam Comicbook Design

What Should The Comic Background Be?   58 votes

1. 1. What should the Background be?

• In the endzone, ground destroyed under his feet.
    • On top of a building with Charlotte and BoA Stadium below.
    • News paper with "Super Bowl Bound\Champs!" headline. With Cam flying out of the picture.
    • Newspaper with headline "Cam Saves Charlotte".
    • Lombardi Trophy with "Super Bowl XLVII Champs Carolina Panthers" engraved in it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1347035096' post='1888545']
Wonder how much red tape you'd have to cut thru to parlay this into something to promote tailgates and Toys for Tots.

Huddle T-shirts with sponsorships?
[/quote]

Well other than that "Cam" on it, there's no logo (Panthers, NFL, Superman or otherwise) on it... so there's no trademark issues or anything I wouldn't think.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nc_biscuit' timestamp='1347035383' post='1888552']

Well other than that "Cam" on it, there's no logo (Panthers, NFL, Superman or otherwise) on it... so there's no trademark issues or anything I wouldn't think.
[/quote]

That why I left it off. And as long as its an illustration on someone's face and not their photo it's not copyright infringement ( think Obama hope poster). And the "Cam" part I wouldn't think is a problem because it's just a first name.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Would be cool, I think, to have a forum tshirt to promote the Huddle and TFT. I bet we have the resources on the board to maximize the contributions as well.

Posted · Report post

jesus christ that is fuging amazing [img]http://oi49.tinypic.com/10yj7uh.jpg[/img]

can you up pics of ur sons room?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MeowMeowMeooow' timestamp='1347035876' post='1888572']

That why I left it off. And as long as its an illustration on someone's face and not their photo it's not copyright infringement ( think Obama hope poster). And the "Cam" part I wouldn't think is a problem because it's just a first name.
[/quote]

Idk if this would be a good idea or not but you can try emailing/tweeting(if u have a twitter, of course) the panthers PR department some of your work and they can possibly get it signed for you(maybe even offer you some good things, I don't know), I'm sure they'll be REALLY impressed... I'm not an expert in PR so I don't really know if that stuff works, just trying to help.. but I DO know that that's a heckuva amazing talent you got going on there! Great work!!

Posted · Report post

trademark doesn't apply to first names. a person's face is not protected by trademark, either. the only things that would get you in trouble from a trademark standpoint is the nfl and panther logos, and possibly any similar-looking uniform even without the logo.

as far as i know, "supercam" isn't protected by cam or the league.

you can mass produce these babies all day long as long as you steer clear of obvious infringement [e.g., logos and even similar looking uniforms without logos].

as for copyright, unless this drawing was copied from another drawing, then there is nothing to worry about on that front, either.

good job, man! can i move in?

Posted · Report post

Your drawing looks very good. Drop your info and I will buy one of your posters for my lil nephew. He's a big time Cam fan.

Posted · Report post

you cant mass produce this, you would be sued by cam because you're using his likeness.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='malik' timestamp='1347041297' post='1888707']
jesus christ that is fuging amazing [img]http://oi49.tinypic.com/10yj7uh.jpg[/img]

can you up pics of ur sons room?
[/quote]

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/75280-so-my-kid-wanted-a-panthers-football-room/page__fromsearch__1

You can find the pics there...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gabeking' timestamp='1347041510' post='1888711']

Idk if this would be a good idea or not but you can try emailing/tweeting(if u have a twitter, of course) the panthers PR department some of your work and they can possibly get it signed for you(maybe even offer you some good things, I don't know), I'm sure they'll be REALLY impressed... I'm not an expert in PR so I don't really know if that stuff works, just trying to help.. but I DO know that that's a heckuva amazing talent you got going on there! Great work!!
[/quote]

I remember reading a story about the guy who made the "Got Jake?" shirts. He was selling them at a game when a member of the organization approached him and asked if they could purchase the rights. Might be worth a shot to send some stuff their way.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1347041025' post='1888700']
Would be cool, I think, to have a forum tshirt to promote the Huddle and TFT. I bet we have the resources on the board to maximize the contributions as well.
[/quote]

I'm down for doing this. Maybe we should start a thread so people can give their ideas, order and donate to the project.

Posted · Report post

Thats some impressive work! I wish I could do that......with anything.....