Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperCam Comicbook Design

What Should The Comic Background Be?   58 votes

1. 1. What should the Background be?

• In the endzone, ground destroyed under his feet.
    • On top of a building with Charlotte and BoA Stadium below.
    • News paper with "Super Bowl Bound\Champs!" headline. With Cam flying out of the picture.
    • Newspaper with headline "Cam Saves Charlotte".
    • Lombardi Trophy with "Super Bowl XLVII Champs Carolina Panthers" engraved in it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Wonder how much red tape you'd have to cut thru to parlay this into something to promote tailgates and Toys for Tots.

Huddle T-shirts with sponsorships?

Well other than that "Cam" on it, there's no logo (Panthers, NFL, Superman or otherwise) on it... so there's no trademark issues or anything I wouldn't think.

Posted

Well other than that "Cam" on it, there's no logo (Panthers, NFL, Superman or otherwise) on it... so there's no trademark issues or anything I wouldn't think.

That why I left it off. And as long as its an illustration on someone's face and not their photo it's not copyright infringement ( think Obama hope poster). And the "Cam" part I wouldn't think is a problem because it's just a first name.

1 person likes this

Posted

Would be cool, I think, to have a forum tshirt to promote the Huddle and TFT. I bet we have the resources on the board to maximize the contributions as well.

Posted

jesus christ that is fuging amazing 10yj7uh.jpg

can you up pics of ur sons room?

Posted

That why I left it off. And as long as its an illustration on someone's face and not their photo it's not copyright infringement ( think Obama hope poster). And the "Cam" part I wouldn't think is a problem because it's just a first name.

Idk if this would be a good idea or not but you can try emailing/tweeting(if u have a twitter, of course) the panthers PR department some of your work and they can possibly get it signed for you(maybe even offer you some good things, I don't know), I'm sure they'll be REALLY impressed... I'm not an expert in PR so I don't really know if that stuff works, just trying to help.. but I DO know that that's a heckuva amazing talent you got going on there! Great work!!

Posted

trademark doesn't apply to first names. a person's face is not protected by trademark, either. the only things that would get you in trouble from a trademark standpoint is the nfl and panther logos, and possibly any similar-looking uniform even without the logo.

as far as i know, "supercam" isn't protected by cam or the league.

you can mass produce these babies all day long as long as you steer clear of obvious infringement [e.g., logos and even similar looking uniforms without logos].

as for copyright, unless this drawing was copied from another drawing, then there is nothing to worry about on that front, either.

good job, man! can i move in?

Posted

Your drawing looks very good. Drop your info and I will buy one of your posters for my lil nephew. He's a big time Cam fan.

Posted

you cant mass produce this, you would be sued by cam because you're using his likeness.

Posted

jesus christ that is fuging amazing 10yj7uh.jpg

can you up pics of ur sons room?

You can find the pics there...

Posted

Idk if this would be a good idea or not but you can try emailing/tweeting(if u have a twitter, of course) the panthers PR department some of your work and they can possibly get it signed for you(maybe even offer you some good things, I don't know), I'm sure they'll be REALLY impressed... I'm not an expert in PR so I don't really know if that stuff works, just trying to help.. but I DO know that that's a heckuva amazing talent you got going on there! Great work!!

I remember reading a story about the guy who made the "Got Jake?" shirts. He was selling them at a game when a member of the organization approached him and asked if they could purchase the rights. Might be worth a shot to send some stuff their way.

Posted

Would be cool, I think, to have a forum tshirt to promote the Huddle and TFT. I bet we have the resources on the board to maximize the contributions as well.

I'm down for doing this. Maybe we should start a thread so people can give their ideas, order and donate to the project.

Posted

Thats some impressive work! I wish I could do that......with anything.....