Photo
- - - - -

SuperCam Comicbook Design

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: What Should The Comic Background Be? (58 member(s) have cast votes)

What should the Background be?

1. In the endzone, ground destroyed under his feet. (27 votes [46.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.55%

2. On top of a building with Charlotte and BoA Stadium below. (24 votes [41.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

3. News paper with "Super Bowl Bound\Champs!" headline. With Cam flying out of the picture. (1 votes [1.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

4. Newspaper with headline "Cam Saves Charlotte". (5 votes [8.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

5. Lombardi Trophy with "Super Bowl XLVII Champs Carolina Panthers" engraved in it. (1 votes [1.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

Dude you should be making custom t-shirts for you kid, He would have so much swag at school.

#17 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Just wondering could you do something specific with cam and the bucs that Zod can promote to an article on the front page for Bucs fans who might wander over.

#18 MeowMeowMeooow

MeowMeowMeooow

Photoshop Wizard

• ALL-PRO
  • 538 posts
  • LocationFoothills, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Dude you should be making custom t-shirts for you kid, He would have so much swag at school.

Already designed one last year. It's a black shirt ripped with the SuperCan symbol in the comic picture. I would have to order 100 or more to get them made. I don't think he needs that many and I dont have that kinda money lol.

#19 MeowMeowMeooow

MeowMeowMeooow

Photoshop Wizard

• ALL-PRO
  • 538 posts
  • LocationFoothills, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Just wondering could you do something specific with cam and the bucs that Zod can promote to an article on the front page for Bucs fans who might wander over.

That picture I posted took 3 days to do that much. There is no way I could get something done before the game. Plus this weekend I'm pretty booked until GAME TIME.

Maybe I could do something for the Saints* game, depending on how fast I get this finished.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,008 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Meow, do you draw for a living? It's that good imo.

#21 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,253 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Posted Image

#22 MeowMeowMeooow

MeowMeowMeooow

Photoshop Wizard

• ALL-PRO
  • 538 posts
  • LocationFoothills, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Meow, do you draw for a living? It's that good imo.

I wish. Unfortunately there isn't really many jobs involving drawing in Lenoir, NC. But I do some design side work. I even started my own design and photography company.

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,122 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Wonder how much red tape you'd have to cut thru to parlay this into something to promote tailgates and Toys for Tots.

Huddle T-shirts with sponsorships?

#24 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,654 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Wonder how much red tape you'd have to cut thru to parlay this into something to promote tailgates and Toys for Tots.

I would guess lots.
Using someone else's image/face w/o their approval is gray areas for sure.
I would be hesitant to even sell the drawings to be honest.

#25 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,008 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Well other than that "Cam" on it, there's no logo (Panthers, NFL, Superman or otherwise) on it... so there's no trademark issues or anything I wouldn't think.

#26 MeowMeowMeooow

MeowMeowMeooow

Photoshop Wizard

• ALL-PRO
  • 538 posts
  • LocationFoothills, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well other than that "Cam" on it, there's no logo (Panthers, NFL, Superman or otherwise) on it... so there's no trademark issues or anything I wouldn't think.

That why I left it off. And as long as its an illustration on someone's face and not their photo it's not copyright infringement ( think Obama hope poster). And the "Cam" part I wouldn't think is a problem because it's just a first name.

#27 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,122 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Would be cool, I think, to have a forum tshirt to promote the Huddle and TFT. I bet we have the resources on the board to maximize the contributions as well.

#28 malik

malik

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

jesus christ that is fuging amazing Posted Image

can you up pics of ur sons room?

#29 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

That why I left it off. And as long as its an illustration on someone's face and not their photo it's not copyright infringement ( think Obama hope poster). And the "Cam" part I wouldn't think is a problem because it's just a first name.

Idk if this would be a good idea or not but you can try emailing/tweeting(if u have a twitter, of course) the panthers PR department some of your work and they can possibly get it signed for you(maybe even offer you some good things, I don't know), I'm sure they'll be REALLY impressed... I'm not an expert in PR so I don't really know if that stuff works, just trying to help.. but I DO know that that's a heckuva amazing talent you got going on there! Great work!!

#30 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,451 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

trademark doesn't apply to first names. a person's face is not protected by trademark, either. the only things that would get you in trouble from a trademark standpoint is the nfl and panther logos, and possibly any similar-looking uniform even without the logo.

as far as i know, "supercam" isn't protected by cam or the league.

you can mass produce these babies all day long as long as you steer clear of obvious infringement [e.g., logos and even similar looking uniforms without logos].

as for copyright, unless this drawing was copied from another drawing, then there is nothing to worry about on that front, either.

good job, man! can i move in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com