Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason to start and Munnerlyn to play #2

110 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

via Person on twitter. Don't think this has been announced yet.

Posted · Report post

mmm mmm mmm

Posted · Report post

Here's to hoping we play A LOT of nickle so Norman is actually in the #2 spot.

Posted · Report post

*runs off to add Mike Williams to his fantasy team*

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hopefully the refs allow PI....if so, Captain could be the player of the game.

Posted · Report post

I'll be holding my breath hoping Beason can make it through without aggravating his hammy. Hope we aren't rushing him back.

I'm looking forward to seeing Nakamura take advantage of his starting opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with an INT or a few big hits.

Posted · Report post

And so it begins... :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

#2 CB designation is more of a formality than anything, imo, cause i think we'll be running a lot of nickel formations anyway. supposedly we ran in the nickel about 65%(?) in the preseason. if we jump out to an early lead we'll probably see it the rest of the game.

cap't will be out there a lot, but so will norman. i think there won't be much difference in the number of snaps those two guys take.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

erhhmmm :wacko:

Posted · Report post

#2 CB designation is more of a formality than anything, imo, cause i think we'll be running a lot of nickel formations anyway. supposedly we ran in the nickel about 65%(?) in the preseason. if we jump out to an early lead we'll probably see it the rest of the game.

cap't will be out there a lot, but so will norman. i think there won't be much difference in the number of snaps those two guys take.

With the likely offensive scheme that Schiano will run (pounding the ball), I would not expect to see a ton of Nicole formations unless we get out big and force them to throw.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Pretty sure that theres still some practice to be had... ill reserve my judgement until gameday

Posted · Report post

I think I'd rather have Munnerlyn on Vincent Jackson with a safety helping over the top every play. That allows Gamble to shut down Mike Williams one on one. If Munnerlyn is allowed to press/jam Jackson, we can occasionally draw up a corner blitz...something Captain is actually pretty good at.