- - - - -

Beason to start and Munnerlyn to play #2

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

via Person on twitter. Don't think this has been announced yet.

#2 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

mmm mmm mmm

#3 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Here's to hoping we play A LOT of nickle so Norman is actually in the #2 spot.

#4 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

*runs off to add Mike Williams to his fantasy team*

#5 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Hopefully the refs allow PI....if so, Captain could be the player of the game.

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,686 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

I'll be holding my breath hoping Beason can make it through without aggravating his hammy. Hope we aren't rushing him back.

I'm looking forward to seeing Nakamura take advantage of his starting opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with an INT or a few big hits.

#7 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

And so it begins... :rolleyes:

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

#2 CB designation is more of a formality than anything, imo, cause i think we'll be running a lot of nickel formations anyway. supposedly we ran in the nickel about 65%(?) in the preseason. if we jump out to an early lead we'll probably see it the rest of the game.

cap't will be out there a lot, but so will norman. i think there won't be much difference in the number of snaps those two guys take.

#9 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,679 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

erhhmmm :wacko:

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

#2 CB designation is more of a formality than anything, imo, cause i think we'll be running a lot of nickel formations anyway. supposedly we ran in the nickel about 65%(?) in the preseason. if we jump out to an early lead we'll probably see it the rest of the game.

cap't will be out there a lot, but so will norman. i think there won't be much difference in the number of snaps those two guys take.

With the likely offensive scheme that Schiano will run (pounding the ball), I would not expect to see a ton of Nicole formations unless we get out big and force them to throw.

#11 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

Pretty sure that theres still some practice to be had... ill reserve my judgement until gameday

#12 panthers15

panthers15

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think I'd rather have Munnerlyn on Vincent Jackson with a safety helping over the top every play. That allows Gamble to shut down Mike Williams one on one. If Munnerlyn is allowed to press/jam Jackson, we can occasionally draw up a corner blitz...something Captain is actually pretty good at.

#13 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,778 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

With the likely offensive scheme that Schiano will run (pounding the ball), I would not expect to see a ton of Nicole formations unless we get out big and force them to throw.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If Schiano is indeed a ground and pound type guy, I expect tons of traditional I looks from them and as such less nickel looks from us. TBH, cap'n starting worries me regardless. If only the same guy who developed Vick's bulletproof chest pads could develop platform cleats for the cap'n he'd be decent. If nothing else, cap'n is at least competent in run support I think... Don't hold me to that for I'm assuming I remember that he can tackle at the LOS, and I'm too lazy to back it up with stats and facts (at least I'm admitting that that's purely opinion!)

#14 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Mike Williams really isn't that great. Captain will have trouble with him but will get lots of help.

VJ vs. Gamble should very interesting. I think they'll try to use their run game more often, though.

#15 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,604 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

i would line up in the I to take advantage of captain playing on the outside vs my larger WRs. so expect the Bucs to do so, and glad to see Beason is starting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com