Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Bwood

Beason to start and Munnerlyn to play #2

110 posts in this topic

Giants probably didn't think they would lose bc of the Ogletree Romo connection. I mean if you were game planning against this D....would you not put a heavy emphasis on the Williams/Captain matchup. Hope to find a way to get VJ on Captain in a dream scenario?

that's always a possibility, but i doubt that bucs have the ability to capitalize on that matchup the way that the cowboys did. we are talking about a very good cowboys system that has been in use for years along with a very good QB throwing the ball. romo>>>>freeman. garrett>>>>sullivan.

i just have more trust in rivera/mcdermmott to control that situation than i have in the bucs ability to capitalize on it.

Mike Williams is 5inches taller than Munnerlyn, and apparently in great shape this year... Don't kid yourselves, I look forward to see how Rivera handles this...

people are making it sound like we've never had to deal with mike williams before.

if capt can't handle him, then stick norman on him. if that doesn't work...double him up. if the WRs are eating us up in man coverage, move to zone or run a lot of nickel offense.

i'm just not worried. i've got faith in rivera/mcD being more able to deal with it than the bucs being able to dish it out.

Scheme wise? sure. Munnerlyn vs Williams? LOL

There are a lot of reasons to disregard Williams last year and see why he could be much improved this year..

Giants probably didn't think they would lose bc of the Ogletree Romo connection. I mean if you were game planning against this D....would you not put a heavy emphasis on the Williams/Captain matchup. Hope to find a way to get VJ on Captain in a dream scenario?

Josh Freeman is not Tony Romo.

Scheme wise, sure. Munnerlyn vs Williams? LOL

i don't think we'll see that enough to really threaten the game or be much of a problem.

VJax must be double teamed and taken out of the game. Just totally eliminate an option for Freeman. Our LBs can control the middle and the run game.

We shall see... their OL at least needs to be average this year, if so Munn 1on1 with Williams and try to double VJax IF that run 1st, set up the pass turns out effective...

Nothing to sneeze at in that scenario... Obviously we'll find out on Sunday.

Hard not to be excited about Beason starting. I know it gets me ready to see our defense!

Not really worried Captain is starting.

This is nothing new.

Please let Beason be healthy this year.

I do not want to witness him go down in a heap or come up lame in the opener again.

Hard not to be excited about Beason starting. I know it gets me ready to see our defense!

Not really worried Captain is starting.

This is nothing new.

exactly. the front 7 being upgraded makes me feel better about this.

Munnerlyn getting burned is also nothing new. Just sayin

May CJ and the Edwards wall get push into the pocket consistently to make Freeman scramble or make quick throws. That line will be Munnerlyn's best help.