109 replies to this topic

#46 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Talking about the glass being half full and half empty ...... that's Beason and Capt. For the sake of me I cannot believe we cannot field a better starting cb than Capt

#47 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,656 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

I think I'd rather have Munnerlyn on Vincent Jackson

nononononononononononono

#48 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have less faith in McDermott than I do in Capt, what has McDermott done anywhere to prove he is any good at DC?

You've got to remember though that he's a blitz-loving DC who has coached Defenses without any Linebackers the last two years. It'd be like John Fox trying to coach the Lions. I think the biggest surprise of this season might be how good McDermont is, given our LB core.

#49 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,303 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I just can't get over the fact Captain is STILL our starting #2 CB.

What a let down in camp.

Hogan a no show.
Norman hurt for 2/3's of camp.
Cap getting burned as usual.

*pounds head on desk*

#50 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

You've got to remember though that he's a blitz-loving DC who has coached Defenses without any Linebackers the last two years. It'd be like John Fox trying to coach the Lions. I think the biggest surprise of this season might be how good McDermont is, given our LB core.

Well, Am very excited to see this D....

They talked about being aggressive to open up last year. They had all their lbs against AZ and I wasn't impressed with the scheme week 1. granted, little time to install....but Rivera and McD form a scheme stand point need to actually show this talked about aggressive play.

#51 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

I just can't get over the fact Captain is STILL our starting #2 CB.

What a let down in camp.

Hogan a no show.
Norman hurt for 2/3's of camp.
Cap getting burned as usual.

*pounds head on desk*

Is it bad I literally threw my phone when I saw Captain was starting? fuging God, I despise Hogan right now.

#52 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

I think Beason and TD and Kuechly will really help bolster this offense. Not only that, we will have 2 veteran DT's playing in the trenches. There is no way this defense succumbs to the shitty play they did last year.

#53 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,303 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Is it bad I literally threw my phone when I saw Captain was starting? fuging God, I despise Hogan right now.

Its not his fault he is injured (at least so far as we know).
Its the Panthers fault for ignoring the position while overspending at others.
But that is another thread. :)

#54 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Its not his fault he is injured (at least so far as we know).
Its the Panthers fault for ignoring the position while overspending at others.
But that is another thread. :)

That's a conversation I could have over 10 beers and a couple of shots I'm sure.

#55 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

this isn't foxball. we'll adjust/adapt.

Read above your post.... I'm not talking about Foxball. I'm talking about if they are successful at running the ball, the defense is sucked in and if Gamble needs help with VJax (entirely possible), there is only 1 safety to help while the other is in the box.

Should Shiano's goal of running the ball to set up play-action work: adjustments will pertain to stopping the run, and not some exotic scheme to help Munnerlyn who is likely 1on1 getting burnt like toast by Mike Williams...

And yes, I expect us to shut down their run.. Although should they not,

#56 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Normally I can understand or justify the decision's under Rivera/Hurney regime, however in the case of Captain still being our # 2 corner I got nothing aside from they know more than we do mantra but still not a comforting thought. It really bothers me that they have enough faith in Norman to man the outside on 3 receiver sets but yet they don't trust him there on every down. The dude has shown quick closing speed and no major propensity to miss tackles so I see no reason to think he's a liablilty in run support.

As for Beason I trust that they have learned their lesson about allow players back on the field to early.

#57 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Well, Am very excited to see this D....

They talked about being aggressive to open up last year. They had all their lbs against AZ and I wasn't impressed with the scheme week 1. granted, little time to install....but Rivera and McD form a scheme stand point need to actually show this talked about aggressive play.

we saw a bit of that aggressive scheme in week one of '09 when the eagles tore us apart.

who was that running the show? mcD.

that's the type D i anticipate seeing and i don't see freeman being unphased by this aggressiveness and the complexity of this D.

#58 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

this isn't foxball. we'll adjust/adapt.

if you mean adjusting by pulling captain then i hope so.i remember seeing a trend from game 1 last year and that was find 41 and attack him.

#59 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Read above your post.... I'm not talking about Foxball. I'm talking about if they are successful at running the ball, the defense is sucked in and if Gamble needs help with VJax (entirely possible), there is only 1 safety to help while the other is in the box.

Should Shiano's goal of running the ball to setup play-action, Adjustments pertain to stopping the run, not some exotic scheme to help Munnerlyn who is likely 1on1 getting burnt like toast by Mike Williams...

And yes, I expect us to shut down their run.. Although should they not,

said this as well, and considering this team has not been good at defending the playaction that play could hurt us. even still i see a lot of I and pro formation with 1x1 set that will leave captain on the outside.

#60 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

And so it begins... :rolleyes:

Got a feeling that "Full Retard Plays" category is gonna keep you busy ALL season long!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.