Freeman will be massacred in this game.

#62 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

we saw a bit of that aggressive scheme in week one of '09 when the eagles tore us apart.

who was that running the show? mcD.

that's the type D i anticipate seeing and i don't see freeman being unphased by this aggressiveness and the complexity of this D.

I actually went to NFL.com the other day and looked at highlights from that game, and their defense brought the heat damn near every down.

#63 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,174 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

I actually went to NFL.com the other day and looked at highlights from that game, and their defense brought the heat damn near every down.

that's the goal and they've got the speed to do it.

#64 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

We had all offseason to replace Munnerlyn. We know he's not supposed to be a #2 cornerback. It's sad that we just waited around as our injured replacements never made it onto the field. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now.

Teams are going to be looking to abuse him all season long. Prepare for some Josh Montana.

#65 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

we saw a bit of that aggressive scheme in week one of '09 when the eagles tore us apart.

who was that running the show? mcD.

that's the type D i anticipate seeing and i don't see freeman being unphased by this aggressiveness and the complexity of this D.

Yeah, I Philly always lived and died with it until McD was fired. All I am saying is Carolina has never shown it....not preseaon, not last preseaon, not last season....even when we had LBs. McD ran a JJ43 in Philly preseaon games. So it isn't showing your cards.

I just need to see it.

#66 panthers15

panthers15

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

nononononononononononono

Way to read the whole thing. Gamble can't cover Jackson 1 on 1 either, so I would rather have him guard someone he could shut down, rather than have our safeties have to play cover 2 all game.

#67 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Way to read the whole thing. Gamble can't cover Jackson 1 on 1 either, so I would rather have him guard someone he could shut down, rather than have our safeties have to play cover 2 all game.

Captain and a run oriented S isn't an ideal means to take care of VJ. He is the scariest part of their O. Gamble can at least handle VJ in moments by himself....Captain can't.

#68 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Got a feeling that "Full Retard Plays" category is gonna keep you busy ALL season long!

That's why it's there :P

#69 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I literally have no idea how the FO excuses themselves for not addressing the CB2 spot during the offseason. Even if it was a stupid sentiment, with DT you could use Ron Edwards and "youthful growth" as excuses for leaving it be.

But there literally isn't a single excuse for not addressing the second CB spot. Just more "Hurney magic."

We brought no help via FA, we didn't draft anybody until the 5th round and were all prying to God we get lucky there, and we made no trades.

We'll dump a 7th for Colin Jones but not Asante Samuel?

There was just no excuse to not make a move their this offseason other than Hurney trying to "prove" how smart he is by making cutesy personnel moves and ignoring the bleeding wounds.

Captain isn't the answer and we can only hope and pray the poor officiating this season let's Cap get away with a little more mugging at the LOS or that Norman makes miraculous strides.

#70 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

I literally have no idea how the FO excuses themselves for not addressing the CB2 spot during the offseason. Even if it was a stupid sentiment, with DT you could use Ron Edwards and "youthful growth" as excuses for leaving it be.

But there literally isn't a single excuse for not addressing the second CB spot. Just more "Hurney magic."

We brought no help via FA, we didn't draft anybody until the 5th round and were all prying to God we get lucky there, and we made no trades.

We'll dump a 7th for Colin Jones but not Asante Samuel?

There was just no excuse to not make a move their this offseason other than Hurney trying to "prove" how smart he is by making cutesy personnel moves and ignoring the bleeding wounds.

Captain isn't the answer and we can only hope and pray the poor officiating this season let's Cap get away with a little more mugging at the LOS or that Norman makes miraculous strides.

Hey man the first game is on Sunday. Time to get out of this weak whiny mindset and time to cowboy the F up. Ya Captain isn't ideal but whatever.

Let's hear something positive out of you going forward.

#71 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

This place would blow up if Captain finished in the top 10 in interceptions and passes defended. Won't happen but god would I pay just to see the huddle if it did.

#72 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,754 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

gamble shut down moss in his prime. he'll be alright. i'd much rather roll coverage in captain's direction.

#73 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I think we could be fine as long as we only send 1 person on a blitz when we blitz just to keep some extra coverage out there so josh freeman has to beat us.

#74 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I know you cant take anything for granted... but I would sit Beason out at least another week. I dont see the need to have him in there against the Bucs vs risking losing him again for an extended period of time.

#75 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

gamble shut down moss in his prime. he'll be alright. i'd much rather roll coverage in captain's direction.

the Juilius Peppers of WRs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com