Beason to start and Munnerlyn to play #2

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#76 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I think we could be fine as long as we only send 1 person on a blitz when we blitz just to keep some extra coverage out there so josh freeman has to beat us.

So you want us to conservatively blitz and safely apply pressure? That isn't the aggressive scheme I want. You want Captain to have success....force a QB to throw quick

#77 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

With the likely offensive scheme that Schiano will run (pounding the ball), I would not expect to see a ton of Nicole formations unless we get out big and force them to throw.

Most likely that is what will happen thank god Rivera keeps his foot on the gas and goes for the kill.

#78 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

So you want us to conservatively blitz and safely apply pressure? That isn't the aggressive scheme I want. You want Captain to have success....force a QB to throw quick

Against tampa who's only threat is a running back and 2 receivers yes I think that would be a fair game plan .. especially with safety help against VJAX .. I would feel good sending one of our outstanding linebackers . I don't think we should be aggressive every single game , we need to show we can do something other than mindlessly blitz.

#79 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Against tampa who's only threat is a running back and 2 receivers yes I think that would be a fair game plan .. especially with safety help against VJAX .. I would feel good sending one of our outstanding linebackers . I don't think we should be aggressive every single game , we need to show we can do something other than mindlessly blitz.

Whose only threat is...? Carolina's seconday hasn't shown they can cover weak WR duos. Bucs have a VERY solid one.

and he may not be sexy...but Dallas Clarke can play some football. Smart and solid FB player. Don't sleep on him finding some room.

None of our LBs have proven to be effective blitzes yet. casually sending 1 LB isn't a JJ scheme. A JJ 43 means gambling....and it can help guys who need it.

#80 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,093 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

the Juilius Peppers of WRs?

moss =/= pep.

moss started getting sloppy because of his frustration with how well gamble was covering him. that's not a fluke, and neither was his outstanding play against number one receivers last year. if i recall correctly he allowed the second-lowest QBR for passes thrown at him in the league. which is in no way the primary statistical indicator at play here but it's still telling.

gamble has played receivers far more talented.

#81 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

A Godfrey fan (CRA) vs. a Munnerlyn fan (SCMunnerlyn1).

Interesting.

#82 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

moss =/= pep.

moss started getting sloppy because of his frustration with how well gamble was covering him. that's not a fluke, and neither was his outstanding play against number one receivers last year. if i recall correctly he allowed the second-lowest QBR for passes thrown at him in the league. which is in no way the primary statistical indicator at play here but it's still telling.

gamble has played receivers far more talented.

Moss has spent his entire career playing when he wanted...that isn't a new revelation. Opponents and his teammates have gone on record. Carolina Panther DBs went on record it was all over the tape they watched of him

In his prime and wanting to play....who do you suggest are all these far more talented WRs? Moss is likely the best deep threat in NFL history

#83 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well, maybe I didn't learn my lesson from Dwayne Jarrett but this poster has shown optimism on this board when few were willing. We have not seen the last of THE Sherrod Martin. Martin is more talented than Nakamura....Martin will be back. Martin will be back and ball. 2011 isn't going to define Martin IMO.

refreshingly optimistic post, CRA :) I'm with you. I've been hard on Martin but I really hope he turns it around and I believe he can. Time will tell.

#84 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Whose only threat is...? Carolina's seconday hasn't shown they can cover weak WR duos. Bucs have a VERY solid one.

and he may not be sexy...but Dallas Clarke can play some football. Smart and solid FB player. Don't sleep on him finding some room.

None of our LBs have proven to be effective blitzes yet. casually sending 1 LB isn't a JJ scheme. A JJ 43 means gambling....and it can help guys who need it.

I'm not really sleeping on him just not mentioning him as a gamebreaker for them. I know how JJ's scheme works but I also know we haven't seen anything good from mcdermott yet and at this point i preferred our tired ass tampa 2 scheme we used to run instead. Which is why I say for this game it would be cool to me for us to be somewhere in the middle.

If we are attack attack attack then they are gonna spread us out and go full east carolina mode on us and I would much rather put up with vjax and mike williams then have to deal with a college offense .

#85 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

A Godfrey fan (CRA) vs. a Munnerlyn fan (SCMunnerlyn1).

Interesting.

Intradasting indeed.

#86 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

refreshingly optimistic post, CRA :) I'm with you. I've been hard on Martin but I really hope he turns it around and I believe he can. Time will tell.

I also adopted Godfrey bc I have given him a clean slate. Will only judge him going forward and hope he will be what the people who pay him believe.

Bell as well.

I will assume the best until proven otherwise by play on the field this year.

....Clausen and AE being my 2 exceptions to the rule. They both suck.

#87 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,093 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Moss has spent his entire career playing when he wanted...that isn't a new revelation. Opponents and his teammates have gone on record. Carolina Panther DBs went on record it was all over the tape they watched of him

In his prime and wanting to play....who do you suggest are all these far more talented WRs? Moss is likely the best deep threat in NFL history

my point is, even when he was playing at his best, gamble shut him down and frustrated him, causing him to not want to play.

not many cornerbacks have done that.

#88 fanofdabucs

fanofdabucs

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Mike Williams really isn't that great.

130 REC 1800 Yards 14 TDS in two seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/v...0-Mike-Williams

#89 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Intradasting indeed.

Posted Image

#90 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

130 REC 1800 Yards 14 TDS in two seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/v...0-Mike-Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIedYlNa6fQ

Great rookie season. Too bad your QB is a one year wonder LOL.

I had Williams as one of my main receivers last season on fantasy and he ALWAYS choked and made me lose. He was especially bad against Carolina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com