Beason to start and Munnerlyn to play #2

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm not really sleeping on him just not mentioning him as a gamebreaker for them. I know how JJ's scheme works but I also know we haven't seen anything good from mcdermott yet and at this point i preferred our tired ass tampa 2 scheme we used to run instead. Which is why I say for this game it would be cool to me for us to be somewhere in the middle.

If we are attack attack attack then they are gonna spread us out and go full east carolina mode on us and I would much rather put up with vjax and mike williams then have to deal with a college offense .

Haven't anything good from McD bc all he knows is bringing the heat...and we havent attempted it or practiced a JJ scheme.

Teams didnt go E Carolina mode on Philly all those years

#92 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Actually just looked it up for you Buc's fans.

Mike Williams has Posted Imagecareer TD vs. the Panthers.

Yes that is a 1 folks. Out of all 14. Williams ain't that great.

#93 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

moss =/= pep.

moss started getting sloppy because of his frustration with how well gamble was covering him. that's not a fluke, and neither was his outstanding play against number one receivers last year. if i recall correctly he allowed the second-lowest QBR for passes thrown at him in the league. which is in no way the primary statistical indicator at play here but it's still telling.

gamble has played receivers far more talented.

He was actually third among corners who played 50% or more of their teams snaps.
Heres the top 3 and the passer rating they allowed
1.Revis 45.6
2.Samuel 52.4
3.Gamble 53.3

Munnerlyn was 2nd worst at 126.9
Talib was 7th worst at 109.8

In addition Munneryn allowed the highest completion percentage at 73.8 (allowed 45 receptions vs being targeted 61 times)

And for the buc trolls if your lurking...Talib and Eric Wright gave up more td's than Munnerlyn
Talib gave up 6 (tied for 3rd most allowed in leauge)
Eric Wright gave 5
Munnerlyn gave up 4

Also Eric Wright was the 2nd most picked on Corner in the leauge last year, being targeted 120 times and giving up 75 receptions. Jabari Greer was thrown at 121 times.

#94 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Actually just looked it up for you Buc's fans.

Mike Williams has Posted Imagecareer TD vs. the Panthers.

Yes that is a 1 folks. Out of all 14. Williams ain't that great.

he is a much better WR than Capt is CB....which is the only thing that matters

#95 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Totally agree. Just don't know whose gonna get him the ball LOL.

#96 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,732 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

i'm hoping his regression continues, but josh freeman has burned us in the past even when we had a legit defense and pass rush.

#97 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Way to read the whole thing. Gamble can't cover Jackson 1 on 1 either, so I would rather have him guard someone he could shut down, rather than have our safeties have to play cover 2 all game.

In his prime and wanting to play....who do you suggest are all these far more talented WRs? Moss is likely the best deep threat in NFL history
If this wasn't asking "who are these more talented receivers than VJax", disregard my inclusion of this quote

It seems to be VJax is getting a bit more credit from some on this board than he deserves. He is a fine WR, but Gamble either shut down or nearly shut down far superior WRs last year. Fitzgerald and Calvin are WAY better than VJax and neither of them had good games with Gamble covering them. Roddy White is probably better than VJax too. I feel confident in Gamble's ability to cover him. He might not "shut him down" i.e. 0 receptions, but I doubt Jackson has a great game against us with Gamble covering him.

#98 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

i'm hoping his regression continues, but josh freeman has burned us in the past even when we had a legit defense and pass rush.

I was a huge Freeman fan when he was coming into the NFL. I knew he would succeed as a rookie but eventually teams would figure him out. He'll be a sub-par QB for the rest of his career and you can quote me on that. He might have some luck against our crummy secondary but he doesn't have what Newton has, nobody is going to figure out Newton's game.

#99 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,278 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Haven't anything good from McD bc all he knows is bringing the heat...and we havent attempted it or practiced a JJ scheme.

Teams didnt go E Carolina mode on Philly all those years

You're kinda missing what im saying sorta kinda... I want to be able to blitz and cover effectively and we have already proven we don't know how to blitz and when we do we are blitzing from the wrong spot due to a horrible called game from Mcdermott.( see the all out blitz against arizona game 1 of last year).. philly knew how to blitz and to be fair the rules have changed a tad since the days of JJ where it may or may not have worked as well for him now with all the whiny bitch penalties receivers get all game.

#100 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,732 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I was a huge Freeman fan when he was coming into the NFL. I knew he would succeed as a rookie but eventually teams would figure him out. He'll be a sub-par QB for the rest of his career and you can quote me on that. He might have some luck against our crummy secondary but he doesn't have what Newton has, nobody is going to figure out Newton's game.

i agree 100% but freeman is not competing directly against cam newton, he's competing against munnerlyn, and he's perfectly capable of putting the ball where captain can't get it (which is basically everywhere after five yards when captain's sumo wrestling technique is no longer legal)

#101 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Bc Josh Freeman is such a scrub?

#102 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

You're kinda missing what im saying sorta kinda... I want to be able to blitz and cover effectively and we have already proven we don't know how to blitz and when we do we are blitzing from the wrong spot due to a horrible called game from Mcdermott.( see the all out blitz against arizona game 1 of last year).. philly knew how to blitz and to be fair the rules have changed a tad since the days of JJ where it may or may not have worked as well for him now with all the whiny bitch penalties receivers get all game.

We don't know what we can do as far as a JJ43 goes....never done it or practiced against an opponent.

A good blitz scheme helps people cover....and helps generate turnovers more importantly. Rule changes occured when JJ was still in Philly....and McD still was able to get the turnovers despite a lack of talent to run the scheme in Philly.

In order to be a good blitzing scheme....you practice it. See the teams we played in preseaon.

I don't expect an aggressive scheme....which makes me wonder why McD is here.

#103 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

I don't think teams figured him out so much after 2010.....as it was they started 4-2 last year and then got stuck with Blount as their only option at RB. Tampa then telegraphed every play and was handicapped. If Blount went down instead of Graham....they would have been better off IMO

#104 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,278 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

We don't know what we can do as far as a JJ43 goes....never done it or practiced against an opponent.

A good blitz scheme helps people cover....and helps generate turnovers more importantly. Rule changes occured when JJ was still in Philly....and McD still was able to get the turnovers despite a lack of talent to run the scheme in Philly.

In order to be a good blitzing scheme....you practice it. See the teams we played in preseaon.

I don't expect an aggressive scheme....which makes me wonder why McD is here.

I think he's gone next year.

#105 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Wow Norman must really have sucked more than I though he did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.