109 replies to this topic

#106 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

It seems to be VJax is getting a bit more credit from some on this board than he deserves. He is a fine WR, but Gamble either shut down or nearly shut down far superior WRs last year. Fitzgerald and Calvin are WAY better than VJax and neither of them had good games with Gamble covering them. Roddy White is probably better than VJax too. I feel confident in Gamble's ability to cover him. He might not "shut him down" i.e. 0 receptions, but I doubt Jackson has a great game against us with Gamble covering him.

Vincent Jackson is getting praise because he can be a dangerous receiver.. if he gets 5 receptions for 89 yards like Megatron last year on Gamble then he's done his job and had a pretty good game..

225 yards? maybe not.. but he's moved the chains and possibly pulled coverage over his way..

#107 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,299 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Agreed we all know Jackson "can be" a dangerous receiver...when he has Phil Rivers throwing him the ball. It is yet to be determined what he can do with Josh Freeman (and I actually like Freeman as much as one can like a division rival player). Megatron "IS" a dangerous receiver and only got 89 yards. Compare that to how most of the rest of the league performed guarding him and I'd say Gamble was the one with the pretty good game.

#108 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

If we are really going to start munnerlyn for the second season in a row it has to be seen as a major failure by our front office. This is even worse than that time we went into a season relying on crappy rookie DTs.

#109 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,614 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Vincent Jackson is getting praise because he can be a dangerous receiver.. if he gets 5 receptions for 89 yards like Megatron last year on Gamble then he's done his job and had a pretty good game..

225 yards? maybe not.. but he's moved the chains and possibly pulled coverage over his way..

Megatron only got 89 yards...

Stafford threw for 5 freaking TDs and 300+ yards. It is being implied we shut something down when a team had a field day passing on us.

Just sayin....

#110 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Megatron only got 89 yards...

Stafford threw for 5 freaking TDs and 300+ yards. It is being implied we shut something down when a team had a field day passing on us.

Just sayin....

got ya..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com