109 replies to this topic

#71 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationValdosta Georgia
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

This place would blow up if Captain finished in the top 10 in interceptions and passes defended. Won't happen but god would I pay just to see the huddle if it did.

#72 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

gamble shut down moss in his prime. he'll be alright. i'd much rather roll coverage in captain's direction.

#73 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I think we could be fine as long as we only send 1 person on a blitz when we blitz just to keep some extra coverage out there so josh freeman has to beat us.

#74 grateflday

grateflday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I know you cant take anything for granted... but I would sit Beason out at least another week. I dont see the need to have him in there against the Bucs vs risking losing him again for an extended period of time.

#75 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

gamble shut down moss in his prime. he'll be alright. i'd much rather roll coverage in captain's direction.

the Juilius Peppers of WRs?

#76 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I think we could be fine as long as we only send 1 person on a blitz when we blitz just to keep some extra coverage out there so josh freeman has to beat us.

So you want us to conservatively blitz and safely apply pressure? That isn't the aggressive scheme I want. You want Captain to have success....force a QB to throw quick

#77 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

With the likely offensive scheme that Schiano will run (pounding the ball), I would not expect to see a ton of Nicole formations unless we get out big and force them to throw.

Most likely that is what will happen thank god Rivera keeps his foot on the gas and goes for the kill.

#78 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

So you want us to conservatively blitz and safely apply pressure? That isn't the aggressive scheme I want. You want Captain to have success....force a QB to throw quick

Against tampa who's only threat is a running back and 2 receivers yes I think that would be a fair game plan .. especially with safety help against VJAX .. I would feel good sending one of our outstanding linebackers . I don't think we should be aggressive every single game , we need to show we can do something other than mindlessly blitz.

#79 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Against tampa who's only threat is a running back and 2 receivers yes I think that would be a fair game plan .. especially with safety help against VJAX .. I would feel good sending one of our outstanding linebackers . I don't think we should be aggressive every single game , we need to show we can do something other than mindlessly blitz.

Whose only threat is...? Carolina's seconday hasn't shown they can cover weak WR duos. Bucs have a VERY solid one.

and he may not be sexy...but Dallas Clarke can play some football. Smart and solid FB player. Don't sleep on him finding some room.

None of our LBs have proven to be effective blitzes yet. casually sending 1 LB isn't a JJ scheme. A JJ 43 means gambling....and it can help guys who need it.

#80 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

the Juilius Peppers of WRs?

moss =/= pep.

moss started getting sloppy because of his frustration with how well gamble was covering him. that's not a fluke, and neither was his outstanding play against number one receivers last year. if i recall correctly he allowed the second-lowest QBR for passes thrown at him in the league. which is in no way the primary statistical indicator at play here but it's still telling.

gamble has played receivers far more talented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users