#1 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hey bros. I'm posting this now because I am going to the heels game tomorrow in the dash and won't be able to get my huddle fix. I've been working at the DNC the past three days and have a well earned day off. Ready to talk about my favorite team in the world baby!!!!!

First, yes we needed another thread on this.

I am a die hard Panther fan just like many of you on here. I'm in my mid twenties and have grown up with the Panthers. I've noticed a lot people jumping on the Panthers bandwagon since the addition of a certain QB which bothers me, but there is nothing I can do about it so welcome aboard. These people are usually easy to spot when you engage them in Panther conversation. There are no fans like this in my circle.

I will still be a Panther fan after Cam Newton and my children will grow up Panther fans or will be sent on an unlucky hunting trip.

With that being said, it's fun to come out the gate clamoring about a 68-3 ass whooping of the hated Bucs. I would love to see that, and it's easy to think that way after the games LY. However, I still try to be objective and think realistically what I think is going to happen.

I'll get off the soapbox here and cut to the chase:

I compared the TB team this year since the 9 months we last played them. I don't have the exact number, but there are around 12 new starters for them TY. They made some awesome additions in FA. Losing Joseph for the season was a huge loss for them and WE need to blitz. I keep hearing about this fuging Jim Johnson blitz scheme from the ginger but have yet to see it. Attack that side of the line. Send Davis in there every now and then FFS.

It's early. The game is going to be sloppy from both clubs.

The officials are a wild card. I thought they did a damn good job on Wednesday night, but I've been reading online that the lowest rated officials are going to be assigned to the games with the least amount of expectations/least amount of expected ratings. The game is blacked out in Tampa Bay. Not a good sign for which officiating crew we're going to have. This MAY be a huge factor in our favor if the secondary can get away with a few more things.

I truly believe that the game is going to come down to which defense can stop the big play. I feel almost 100% better than I did about the DL compared to a week ago, and I got a great feeling about the Edwards move. If our defense improves he could be the reason for it.

Just read that Captain is starting. Gamble will lock down VJ. Look for a lot of weird zone coverage schemes and look for TB to exploit Captain by running those fuging slants. I think Captain has a football player's heart, but not his body. If we lose the game because of him I am going to officially be off the Captain apologist list.

Most importantly, we gotta get this season off to a good start. We will probably be underdogs in the next 2 games and a win here is huge. Man, when you get older the Summer's get shorter, but the good thing about that is the Panthers get here quicker!!!

FOOTBALL IS BACK, BABY!!!

Posted Image

TL;DR: Panthers win a very, very close game. 24-21. Cue the huddle schizophrenics on Monday calling for DeAngelo to be released, McDermott fired, and the throw the ball to Barnidge threads.

#2 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,208 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Don't care if it's close, just want a win.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,632 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

As long as its a dubya.

#4 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Don't care if it's close, just want a win.

Totally agree. Those nail biters are tough to watch when you're hammered, though.

#5 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

If the Panthers execute and play the way they are capable of...they will win. They were a better team than TB last season...the Panthers have improved and are healthy (for now)...they are still the better team.

Let's tap dat a$$. Make it clap pap pap

30-17 Panthers Win

#6 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Agree completely that a lot of people around here need to tone it down. This isn't going to be a blowout, and if theres one thing the Panthers have proven over the years is that were never at our best on opening day.

#7 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Agree completely that a lot of people around here need to tone it down. This isn't going to be a blowout, and if theres one thing the Panthers have proven over the years is that were never at our best on opening day.

You're allowed to be excited. Don't be scared.

#8 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'll take 1-0 with no injuries, Alex.

#9 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

As a fanbase can we squash this post-cam vs. pre-cam fan war bull now before it gets out of hand? A Panthers fan should only be measured by their loyalty and knowhow. I know people who have just come on board who know a lot and people who've been around since 94 who don't know most of the roster. We did this after the Super Bowl too.

We're not the Patriots or the Cowboys, it's not time to witch hunt yet.

#10 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,112 posts

Joseph was a huge loss, now that right side of the line is a huge question mark. Don't sleep in Doug Martin, guy is a hell of a rb.

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

As a fanbase can we squash this post-cam vs. pre-cam fan war bull now before it gets out of hand?

The pre-Cam/post-Cam debate can get heated at times, and I'll be the first to admit it bugs the hell out of me.

I've suffered through some tough seasons as a Panther fan. I still have my Kerry Collins jersey at the crib that I wear when I'm feeling nostalgic. I just don't like how all of a sudden some transplant from Ohio, NY, Florida, or Connecticut moves down to the QC for a job and all of a sudden he's got a Cam jersey and claims to be a Panther fan. This same asshole was probably talking sh1t about the team 2-3 years ago.

Like I said though bro, there is nothing I can do about it and I'm not going to get pissed off about it. It's a fight you'll lose every time. I'm from Charlotte (born in Presbyterian Hospital downtown) and thankfully all my boys I go to games with are the same way and love the Panthers just like me. That's who I surround myself with on game days.

#12 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

There are professional sports handicappers in Vegas that have better inside information on teams than General Managers do.

Being favored is a good sign, as I find the NFL much easier to bet on than college FB, but this game is going to be close.

I'll be honest though, if the panthers win by 20 I don't think I'll be shocked. The offense can put up points.

#13 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'm trying to find the names of the officials working our game.

#14 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,893 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

glad you put the tl;dr in there for me.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Totally agree. Those nail biters are tough to watch when you're hammered, though.

i'm here to testify that they ain't easy dealing with sober, either. just not as funny to post on youtube.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com