Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

My Season Opener Prediction - FLAME AWAY

77 posts in this topic

As a fanbase can we squash this post-cam vs. pre-cam fan war bull now before it gets out of hand?

The pre-Cam/post-Cam debate can get heated at times, and I'll be the first to admit it bugs the hell out of me.

I've suffered through some tough seasons as a Panther fan. I still have my Kerry Collins jersey at the crib that I wear when I'm feeling nostalgic. I just don't like how all of a sudden some transplant from Ohio, NY, Florida, or Connecticut moves down to the QC for a job and all of a sudden he's got a Cam jersey and claims to be a Panther fan. This same asshole was probably talking sh1t about the team 2-3 years ago.

Like I said though bro, there is nothing I can do about it and I'm not going to get pissed off about it. It's a fight you'll lose every time. I'm from Charlotte (born in Presbyterian Hospital downtown) and thankfully all my boys I go to games with are the same way and love the Panthers just like me. That's who I surround myself with on game days.

Agree completely that a lot of people around here need to tone it down. This isn't going to be a blowout, and if theres one thing the Panthers have proven over the years is that were never at our best on opening day.

There are professional sports handicappers in Vegas that have better inside information on teams than General Managers do.

Being favored is a good sign, as I find the NFL much easier to bet on than college FB, but this game is going to be close.

I'll be honest though, if the panthers win by 20 I don't think I'll be shocked. The offense can put up points.

I'm trying to find the names of the officials working our game.

glad you put the tl;dr in there for me.

1 person likes this

Totally agree. Those nail biters are tough to watch when you're hammered, though.

i'm here to testify that they ain't easy dealing with sober, either. just not as funny to post on youtube.

You're allowed to be excited. Don't be scared.

faith and enthusiasm aren't for the weak of heart.

some people are just too afraid of disappointment.

1 person likes this

i'm here to testify that they ain't easy dealing with sober, either. just not as funny to post on youtube.

Well I am going to have the fantastic opportunity to watch the early game with about 7 self loathing, bitter Jets fans. The beer will be flowing like wine, my friend.

CBS Sports is predicting a blowout, 35 - 10.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20092470/panthers-game-preview:-week-1-at-buccaneers

1 person likes this

faith and enthusiasm aren't for the weak of heart.

some people are just too afraid of disappointment.

Some peeps just lack a pair of big boy pants and a set of balls.

I fully expect us to walk into TB's house and whip their ass up and down the field. Yea I've said before TB is improved and they've gotten better...whatever that's all good...but now it's time to get big and step on that team's throat. It's go time

1 person likes this

Arrogance and pride are for the weak of mind.

• Topics

• damn dude nice revisionism. be sure to drop by the stormbox sometime and we can ponder if hitler would have won (of course) and if it's even physically possible to exterminate 11 million people or if that's just another (((conspiracy))) um well actually it's a democratic people's republic which is why it's in the name. or did you just miss that part?
    •   *posts picture of the guy literally wearing White Power symbol* "Ah leave it up to the leftists, anyone wearing White Power symbols is a nazi now" lmfao you guys are fuging pathetic
    • one that has to be told a basic trade rule 10 times, when he told us how he was going to make great trade deals, doesn't exactly sound like a guy even approaching the hemisphere of perfection. A freaking idiot is a term that applies.