#31 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

I hear what your saying though, I'm excited as well about FB being back.

Tampa has improved though and there are a lot of wild cards at play this weekend.

I wouldn't bet my own money on this game if that means anything to anyone.

#32 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

if they only win by a little bit or lose the game...i won't be shaken because i still have confidence in what this team can do and i know that it's only a matter of time before they unleash hell on the whole league. i don't know why this week isn't the one that sets it all off.

will i be pissed if we lose? definitely, but not more than you or anyone else. if we just squeak by...meh. it's a win. who cares? we're still on the upswing, right?

people are just too afraid to think big win because they are too afraid of falling short. not me. it goes with the territory. we've seen the worst and it came with jimmy clausen at QB. that culture of suck is long gone. that culture of apathy that fox had cultivated is long gone. this is a team that has set the bar high and believes the sky is the limit. forget being reasonable or tempering my giddy. i'm 100% on board with them. if it doesn't start this week then it will start the week after that. or the week after that. or the week after that. i don't care. i'm a fan. call me homer and i'll wear that badge with honor.

i believe.

hey dude I've gone on record saying I think the Panthers go 10-6 and could win a playoff game this year.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

hey dude I've gone on record saying I think the Panthers go 10-6 and could win a playoff game this year.

it's got to start somewhere and the bucs are one of the weakest teams on the schedule. we've got to go big.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

I hear what your saying though, I'm excited as well about FB being back.

Tampa has improved though and there are a lot of wild cards at play this weekend.

I wouldn't bet my own money on this game if that means anything to anyone.

the question is...has tampa's improvement matched carolina's improvement? has it caught them up with where the panthers were last year? i don't think either one of those is the case.

i also see the bucs as being at the beginning of a work in progress. i expect sloppy. i expect unprepared. better than last year for sure...but not anywhere they should be for the team they are going to be facing this week.

new coaching staff.
new system on both sides of the ball.
mediocre QB (being generous here)
FA acquisitions and draft picks that made a sucky team mediocre (kind of what schiano did at rutgers).

i expect they'll be better later in the season but i don't expect much the first week.

#35 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Well, hopefully you won't have to put up with as much BS this weekend as you did this week in Charlotte.
Go Heels! Go Panthers!

Hey bros. I'm posting this now because I am going to the heels game tomorrow in the dash and won't be able to get my huddle fix. I've been working at the DNC the past three days and have a well earned day off. Ready to talk about my favorite team in the world baby!!!!!

First, yes we needed another thread on this.

I am a die hard Panther fan just like many of you on here. I'm in my mid twenties and have grown up with the Panthers. I've noticed a lot people jumping on the Panthers bandwagon since the addition of a certain QB which bothers me, but there is nothing I can do about it so welcome aboard. These people are usually easy to spot when you engage them in Panther conversation. There are no fans like this in my circle.

I will still be a Panther fan after Cam Newton and my children will grow up Panther fans or will be sent on an unlucky hunting trip.

With that being said, it's fun to come out the gate clamoring about a 68-3 ass whooping of the hated Bucs. I would love to see that, and it's easy to think that way after the games LY. However, I still try to be objective and think realistically what I think is going to happen.

I'll get off the soapbox here and cut to the chase:

I compared the TB team this year since the 9 months we last played them. I don't have the exact number, but there are around 12 new starters for them TY. They made some awesome additions in FA. Losing Joseph for the season was a huge loss for them and WE need to blitz. I keep hearing about this fuging Jim Johnson blitz scheme from the ginger but have yet to see it. Attack that side of the line. Send Davis in there every now and then FFS.

It's early. The game is going to be sloppy from both clubs.

The officials are a wild card. I thought they did a damn good job on Wednesday night, but I've been reading online that the lowest rated officials are going to be assigned to the games with the least amount of expectations/least amount of expected ratings. The game is blacked out in Tampa Bay. Not a good sign for which officiating crew we're going to have. This MAY be a huge factor in our favor if the secondary can get away with a few more things.

I truly believe that the game is going to come down to which defense can stop the big play. I feel almost 100% better than I did about the DL compared to a week ago, and I got a great feeling about the Edwards move. If our defense improves he could be the reason for it.

Just read that Captain is starting. Gamble will lock down VJ. Look for a lot of weird zone coverage schemes and look for TB to exploit Captain by running those fuging slants. I think Captain has a football player's heart, but not his body. If we lose the game because of him I am going to officially be off the Captain apologist list.

Most importantly, we gotta get this season off to a good start. We will probably be underdogs in the next 2 games and a win here is huge. Man, when you get older the Summer's get shorter, but the good thing about that is the Panthers get here quicker!!!

FOOTBALL IS BACK, BABY!!!

Posted Image

TL;DR: Panthers win a very, very close game. 24-21. Cue the huddle schizophrenics on Monday calling for DeAngelo to be released, McDermott fired, and the throw the ball to Barnidge threads.

#36 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

im going to laugh my ass off at you all when its a close game in the 4th quarter.

i can smell your pissed drenched pants already

#37 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

They got better. So did we. 34-10

#38 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

im going to laugh my ass off at you all when its a close game in the 4th quarter.

i just don't get this.

laughing at fellow fans for their high hopes/expectations for their team being dashed? what kind of pathetic is that?

i almost get the sense that you'd rather the team did poorly just so those who were expecting big things aren't right.

weak.

#39 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Losing by less than 20 pts IS a close game in TB.

#40 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Great post!! Just got my Kuechly T-shirt in the mail. Im ready for sunday!!! Lets go!!

#41 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

i just don't get this.

laughing at fellow fans for their high hopes/expectations for their team being dashed? what kind of pathetic is that?

i almost get the sense that you'd rather the team did poorly just so those who were expecting big things aren't right.

weak.

i think we'll make a playoff push this year. but we wont be as dominating as many here believe.

i wouldn't have posted if you and others didn't jump on Growl and OP for saying "hey you guys are probably setting yourself up to be disappointed"

i just really fuging hate echo chambers, much more so than homers, thats all :)

#42 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Nakamura is starting. Martin get any looks at CB this game?

#43 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Shefter is calling this game upset of the week with Tampa beating us.

#44 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Nakamura is starting. Martin get any looks at CB this game?

Nope.

#45 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

All I know is as long as Capt is on the field Tampa can score, if you can score you can win...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com