Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Mills Fan

All Saints* players' suspensions have been overturned

142 posts in this topic

Uh oh. Breezing2anotherdickinthebutt is viewing this thread. Who couldn't see this one coming?

Edit: Too late.

Go kill yourself please.

(Newb nerves as a new cast member of Glee hoping somebody notices him. 5 seconds after post second guessing "should I, should I start a new thread?!")

After response

(Skipping away like Will Farrell "They like me.

.they really like me!)

You started off well, but I wouldn't quote Glee too often there broseph.

1 person likes this

This whole thing was a "cover you ass" scenario by the NFL because of the concussion lawsuits. The NFL wanted to show that they were "serious" about player safety. (Yet they didn't care before the concussion lawsuits started rolling in). So they over-stepped their bounds by implementing these suspensions. Good for the Saints* players for fighting this.

So does the Commish have strong enough evidence of the "conduct detrimental" variety to withstand legal scrutiny? I'm thinking that Dog the Bounty Hunter slide gets a few giggles in court.

And even if he decides to let it stand as a pay for performance violation (which is the one thing that everyone agrees actually happened) and settles for fining the players, the only piece of physical evidence shown so far that supports cash payouts - the Pamphilon video - actually captures the players being offered money shouting "put it back [in the pot]," so the players could potentially finagle out of that one too.

Incidentally, I don't think the NFL or Goodell has it out for my team, and in all likelyhood Goodell's intentions were purely to protect the brand, even if the financial considerations of the impending concussion lawsuits were the overiding factor. Unfortunately I think he backed himself into a corner by overstating his case and now it's a battle over leverage with the NFLPA.

PT would be doing the same thing today if he were the comish.

It's all about protecting the shield from future lawsuits........

it not hard to understand.

I dont doubt that Tagliabue wouldn't do his best to protect the shield from future lawsuits, but it seems to me that Roger Goodell abuses his power. He acts like/is a dictator. He gives players suspensions, and there is no one there to challenge his rulings. If you appeal a suspension. Goodell is the one who hears the appeal. That makes no sense. If there was no player's union Goodell could get away with whatever he wants to do. Goodell's job isn't to protect the players. His job is to protect the owners and the NFL from lawsuits. I don't think he gives a sh*t about the player's safety. As a matter of fact I believe that this whole player safety movement is just to make him and the NFL look good. At the end of the day its about making money.

Still an asterisk to me **************************************************

Can't get the cheating smell off no matter how much you scrub.

Fact is it happened and no amount of legal maneuvering is going to change the fact that you guys are assholes.

According to PFT this was a ruling by an appeals panel and not the judge and is final.

I understood it to be a ruling by a three judge panel. I did not think it was the federal appeals court.

I might be wrong though.

Jumping in without any offseason conditioning just means more chance that those players get injured. Sounds good to me. Saints******** have the bounty on them this year.

Nope, the only suspension that began at week one was the GM. Everyone else was suspended immediately.

Wrong! Two of the four will be playing Sunday. Vilma was the only one suspended beginning with training camp and it doesn't matter, he had knee surgery. He'd be inactive on Sunday anyway. The other suspensions started Monday, September 3, 2012. Smith & Fujita will be active. Hargrove is unsigned.

http://sports.yahoo....48601--nfl.html

Vilma's status was not as clear. His season-long suspension began before training camp and he has been trying to work his way back from offseason surgery on his left knee.

Earlier this week, Saints******* interim head coach Aaron Kromer said Smith, who participated in training camp and the preseason before he began serving his four-game suspension on Monday, would be ready to play against Washington if available.

At Browns headquarters, linebacker D'Qwell Jackson was sure the 33-year-old Fujita would be able to come back and have an immediate impact.

Fujita was barred from Cleveland's training facility this week, but he stayed in town and worked out on his own at nearby Baldwin Wallace University in the event the suspension was lifted.

Hargrove, docked eight games, was released last month by Green Bay and is not currently with a team.

Wrong! Two of the four will be playing Sunday. Vilma was the only one suspended beginning with training camp and it doesn't matter, he had knee surgery. He'd be inactive on Sunday anyway. The other suspensions started Monday, September 3, 2012. Smith & Fujita will be active. Hargrove is unsigned.

http://sports.yahoo....48601--nfl.html

Yep, I looked it up. You were right. Good catch.

• Topics

• Pretty much. If you have a realistic understanding of what a backup quarterback is, then yeah, Anderson's fine. If you're one of those ridiculous people who thinks every team is three deep with starting quality talent except us, then you're probably not gonna be satisfied anyway.
    • Once again I said their secondary had better talent and by the numbers I proved it. You tried to pull in run stats and sacks in a vain attempt to find something to be right about. You should instead have focused on why he played poorly because as I pointed out it wasn't his ability so much as the system and the.lack of leadership like he had here with the coaches and players like Thomas Davis reigning him in. Since you clearly don't or are unable to discuss this in an adult fashion I will withdraw. Perhaps we can discuss other issues in the future if you can change your dialogue to a discussion of the facts instead of a mismash of convoluted logic and snarky comments.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Woot