Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Fifa World Cup Qualifying

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Mesut Ozil had a nice hat trick earlier for Germany. Nice to see him scoring goals, it's the one part of the game he needs to work on. A great assist man, he often ends up with good shots on goal for himself. Madrid has struggled to score goals in a couple of their games this year so it'll be a plus to have Ozil as another scoring threat.

The USA is tied with Jamaica at the moment, a team they most definitely should beat.

Posted · Report post

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/matchcast/index.html?intcmp=livecoverage_header_fwcq_matchcast_en

Tons of games today as well. I saw some of Russia's destruction of Israel earlier. USA will be in a bad spot if they lose a second time to Jamaica. Should be going all out in that one tonight.

Posted · Report post

Holy poo, My team's playing today and I didn't know...I'm such a bad patriot.

Posted · Report post

USA 1 - 0 Jamaica

We did it!

Posted · Report post

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7qs99zCb1qa4qkqo1_250.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

Not sure if there was a better thread for this but here we go...huge underdog game tonight.

Posted · Report post

Well the game is going to start soon. I have Mexico falling in Mexico, 3-1. USA is going to win this. Memo Ochoa is a horrible GK.

Posted · Report post

A draw tonight and the bad performances are erased. We will have gotten through our two toughest tests in the first three games and will still be in a qualification spot. That being said, I am expecting a disaster, Mexico is the one in the more dangerous situation.

We have certainly been helped by all other games ending in a tie, hope that continues.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ivan The Awesome' timestamp='1364343844' post='2176910']
Well the game is going to start soon. I have Mexico falling in Mexico, 3-1. USA is going to win this. Memo Ochoa is a horrible GK.
[/quote]

Man that is some hopeful thinking.

I'll take a draw. A 3-1 win would be epic.

Posted · Report post

Does anybody else find it funny that through six of ten games England is two points down to Montenegro and would only be one point up on the Poland/Ukraine winner (should it not end in a tie)?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther' timestamp='1364344169' post='2176929']

Man that is some hopeful thinking.

I'll take a draw. A 3-1 win would be epic.
[/quote]

It's highly possible. Mexico has all the pressure. They are in Mexico. Team USA has won in the Azteca before. And again, Ochoa, is horrid.

Trust me I'm not feeling good about my teams performance tonight. I just honestly believe team USA has all the momentum and is primed to win tonight.

Posted · Report post

Wow... Ukraine might actually make the World Cup... They struggled with Shevchenko but succeed without him?