Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Floppin

Female Judge Victim Blaming Sexual Assault Victim.

49 posts in this topic

Why does everyone assume the worst case scenario?

What if I merely implied that if the judge were to have a daughter at some point, when that daughter was old enough to venture out into the real world that judge mommy might actually might gain a different perspective than the moronic one she now possesses.

"...political ideology different from my own...."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, based on her decision in the case in question, her political idealogy is obviously different than a lot more people than just mine... unless, of course, you agree with her.

So you're saying you said it to mean that you hope she has a daughter someday so that she'll gain some perspective, not so that she could learn how it feels for something bad to happen... Marginally reasonable, but you should probably explain more in the future, because it was pretty easy to assume you meant otherwise given the lack of other explanation.

Why does everyone assume the worst case scenario?

What if I merely implied that if the judge were to have a daughter at some point, when that daughter was old enough to venture out into the real world that judge mommy might actually might gain a different perspective than the moronic one she now possesses.

"...political ideology different from my own...."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, based on her decision in the case in question, her political idealogy is obviously different than a lot more people than just mine... unless, of course, you agree with her.

disagreeing with your stupid comment in no way implies I agree with her. the second reply to this thread is me disagreeing with her - albeit in a different context.

and you're seriously backtracking to the point where you were "just mentionin' she might get worried about her kid at some point. no particular reason other than just general parental concern. she was born a crusty old judge and has no idea what its like to be a young lady"?

spare us, please.

I find it interesting that you phrase it as, what if that is what you meant, instead of coming straight out and saying that was your original intent.

Well at least she learned a valuable lesson on friendship. Much like the ones you'd find on an episode of Barney, or other children's shows.

Well at least she learned a valuable lesson on friendship. Much like the ones you'd find on an episode of Barney, or other children's shows.

The Barney episode where the little dude is air blowing a massive cock?

The judges remarks are harsh and insensitive. Still, bad things do happen in bars. That doesn't mean the victim isn't a victim (the judge said as much) but people shouldn't hesitate to criticize the actions of victims just because they've been victimized. Although ideally it would be done in a respectful and caring way.

You can be victimized anywhere by anyone. In a trashy place like a bar that's filled with alcoholics, the chances are increased, presumably. Interestingly most women are harassed and raped, most often, not by strangers, but by male family members and male friends.

The cop should've received jail time, though. His behavior is his own fault. I do believe people can be tempted to commit crimes they otherwise wouldn't have. But this cop seemed to be out looking for trouble and found it.