Photo
- - - - -

Female Judge Victim Blaming Sexual Assault Victim.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Apologies to Floppin, Don't want to derail your thread. Sometimes stupid just pisses me off. Won't take it any further though.

I don't mind, this is the tinderbox. It's very rare that threads stay on topic much past the first page.

#17 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,096 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I know exactly what you said, and it is more than obvious what you meant. And, you and I both know I wasn't making any poo up, but keep with the denial, and refusal to accept responsibility. At least be a man, and own your stupid statements.

It is my statement, hence my name on the post, I do own it.

But apparently I only need to call upon you to post for me now that you exactly what I say and mean. So, are you a multi-millionaire with your ability read the minds of people you don't know and never met?

#18 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,975 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

It is my statement, hence my name on the post, I do own it.

But apparently I only need to call upon you to post for me now that you exactly what I say and mean. So, are you a multi-millionaire with your ability read the minds of people you don't know and never met?

I don't know for certain what you meant, but it certainly seemed like you were implying that you hoped she had a daughter that something bad like this would happen to... What did you mean, I still haven't figured it out if you didn't mean that...

#19 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

"Little girl, if your mother wasn't a judge with a political ideology different from my own, you wouldn't have been raped."

#20 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

"Little girl, if your mother wasn't a judge with a political ideology different from my own, you wouldn't have been raped."

damn

#21 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,096 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Why does everyone assume the worst case scenario?

What if I merely implied that if the judge were to have a daughter at some point, when that daughter was old enough to venture out into the real world that judge mommy might actually might gain a different perspective than the moronic one she now possesses.

"...political ideology different from my own...."
Yeah, I'm pretty sure, based on her decision in the case in question, her political idealogy is obviously different than a lot more people than just mine... unless, of course, you agree with her.

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,975 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

So you're saying you said it to mean that you hope she has a daughter someday so that she'll gain some perspective, not so that she could learn how it feels for something bad to happen... Marginally reasonable, but you should probably explain more in the future, because it was pretty easy to assume you meant otherwise given the lack of other explanation.

#23 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Why does everyone assume the worst case scenario?

What if I merely implied that if the judge were to have a daughter at some point, when that daughter was old enough to venture out into the real world that judge mommy might actually might gain a different perspective than the moronic one she now possesses.

"...political ideology different from my own...."
Yeah, I'm pretty sure, based on her decision in the case in question, her political idealogy is obviously different than a lot more people than just mine... unless, of course, you agree with her.

disagreeing with your stupid comment in no way implies I agree with her. the second reply to this thread is me disagreeing with her - albeit in a different context.

and you're seriously backtracking to the point where you were "just mentionin' she might get worried about her kid at some point. no particular reason other than just general parental concern. she was born a crusty old judge and has no idea what its like to be a young lady"?
spare us, please.

#24 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

I find it interesting that you phrase it as, what if that is what you meant, instead of coming straight out and saying that was your original intent.

#25 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

I hope the judge has a giraffe

#26 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

the judge was correct and as usual the plaintiff was doing "the victim thing"

#27 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well at least she learned a valuable lesson on friendship. Much like the ones you'd find on an episode of Barney, or other children's shows.

#28 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well at least she learned a valuable lesson on friendship. Much like the ones you'd find on an episode of Barney, or other children's shows.

The Barney episode where the little dude is air blowing a massive cock?

#29 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

And Barney's jerking off in the corner.

#30 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

The judges remarks are harsh and insensitive. Still, bad things do happen in bars. That doesn't mean the victim isn't a victim (the judge said as much) but people shouldn't hesitate to criticize the actions of victims just because they've been victimized. Although ideally it would be done in a respectful and caring way.

You can be victimized anywhere by anyone. In a trashy place like a bar that's filled with alcoholics, the chances are increased, presumably. Interestingly most women are harassed and raped, most often, not by strangers, but by male family members and male friends.

The cop should've received jail time, though. His behavior is his own fault. I do believe people can be tempted to commit crimes they otherwise wouldn't have. But this cop seemed to be out looking for trouble and found it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com