Photo
- - - - -

Great Article on JR and Cam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#25 KittyCity

KittyCity

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

This article, portraying Richardson's unmistakable slobbery man-love for Johnny U, along with that pic in the Observer with Jerry's hand resting on Cam's knee in his executive Golf Cart - puts JR in an entirely new light to me.

#26 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

This article, portraying Richardson's unmistakable slobbery man-love for Johnny U, along with that pic in the Observer with Jerry's hand resting on Cam's knee in his executive Golf Cart - puts JR in an entirely new light to me.

Yeah respect for great players is stupid. You are an idiot and should kill yourself.

#27 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

I remember hearing the rumors at the time, but this is the first time I've seen any specifics. Wonder what picks were offered?

How much different would our team history look had this gone down?

I didn't know about this either - no idea why the press isn't more forthcoming on things like this.
But, to go from 13, to 1, even with Collins (who had thrown 27 INT to 11 TD the year prior) and Muhammad (who hadn't become a force yet), it would've cost their 1999 #1 (which went to Washington) and the current year's #2 (which went to Miami so Carolina would have a first rounder in 2000). It would've been a tough trade to pull off, and given that JR and Polian didn't have a great history at that point, I don't know that Bill did anything more than toy with JR.

This article also makes me wonder whether the Matt Ryan rumors in 08 were true, and if that was JR, too.

#28 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Interesting that's where your mind goes, but that's between you and the psych ward. FWIW, I don't imagine anyone from JR's era doesn't revere Unitas on that level, even without a personal connection that JR had.

#29 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Good read. Glad to see JR admit bringing in Cam changed his "disposition".