#1 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

PFT has a new article up on not overreacting to rookies' performances this weekend. Some rather interesting quotes, and certainly a lot of respect given to our own :cam:...

As a Washington Post story about Griffin’s debut for the Redskins points out, the people who overreact to the start of a quarterback’s rookie season often learn that they were wrong. In 1998, No. 1 overall pick Peyton Manning’s Colts started 0-2 while No. 2 overall pick Ryan Leaf’s Chargers started 2-0, and there were actually people using those two games as some kind of proof that Leaf was the better pick.

Grits/Andy Dalton, anyone???

Of course, every now and then the overreactions are justified. Last year, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton threw for 422 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another score in his rookie debut. If any of the rookie quarterbacks on the field put up those kinds of numbers, commence the overreacting.

I love this paragraph at the end. I'm sure this will just be the first of many week one previews with this same sentiment at the end. "If rookie X puts up numbers like Cam Newton did his rookie year, watch out!"

:cam:
#dealwithit

#2 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

lol @ calling me out. I never seen leaf in the Playoffs or the pro-bowl for that matter. Keep hating and i'll continue to be right.

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

RG3 just made a great play under pressure for a TD, very nice. Hope he beats them Taints.

#4 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Rg3...

That n*gga nice

#5 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER