Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Non-Overreaction Thread

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

good post im glad we have someone on this board with some common sense.

Posted · Report post

Good Analysis. Dwan Edwards and Murphy really made me happy this game.

Posted · Report post

IS THIS OVEREACTION!?!???!??!?

Posted · Report post

I thought people were overeacting thinking we would make the playoffs..so yeah.

Posted · Report post

I shrieked like a [s]girl[/s]boy on that BOMB to Murphy.

Posted · Report post

yeah, i got my fill of moral victories last year. time to start winning

Posted · Report post

You are my raft in a sea of overreaction. Plenty of good things came out of this game and plenty of things to work on. Season has 16 more weeks.

Posted · Report post

Tampa played an error-free game. They looked like they wanted it more, at least in the 1st half.

Can't say I was wild about Chud's playcalling early in the game. Also disappointed the coaches didn't call TO before the punt block. Seems to me we were outcoached overall.

But it's just one game. No call for panic.

Posted · Report post

Don't we hear this every time we have a losing record? (Last 3 years at least)

Posted · Report post

Let's be honest, I don't expect us to be serious contenders till next year. It was a rough game. We were embarrassed. We are disappointed. I thought the D looks better, but the loss was on the offense. We really need to have a better run game. If we have THIS much trouble without Stewart in the game, we spent WAY too much money on DWill. Let's see how we do the next couple of weeks before giving up.

Posted · Report post

TBH, this is exactly what I was worried about this game. That we would be unprepared for the Bucs new schemes and that's just what happened in the 1st half. If we manage even a FG in the 1st half this game is totally different.

Posted · Report post

Dont have much to say about the offense but the Defense looked ok.

Posted · Report post

The oline will improve I think, and that will make other aspects of the game better.

The punt return game looked decent. Adams makes me a bit nervous out there because he gets to close to the balls that he doesn't catch, but he will get better.

Steve Smith was fired up.

Posted · Report post

i for one however can not wait till we get the real refs back

Posted · Report post

And fwiw, Tampa's defense looks to be much improved.

Posted · Report post

Im really pissed myself, but honestly a win against the Saints* next week would change everything. I didnt think we would miss Stewart that much today but we did. Bucs had a good first half but they really didnt do to much the second, Freemans numbers were awful in the second half they just held on to win off our mistakes. I would have been more upset if we couldnt get our passing game going instead of the run, the run game will be fixed quick. Pull out a win against the Saints* next week and the tide changes big time.

Posted · Report post

Green Bay lost their first game, as did the defending SB champs, wonder if their fans are calling for a fire sell like the idiots running around this place

Posted · Report post

Over reaction is the correct response when a team looks this bad when playing the second worst team on the schedule.

Posted · Report post

Tampa's DEF looked a lot better than I thought.

Also I was happy how our DEF adjusted and played pretty good in the Second half. Even holding the BUCS to two FG in the REdzone was a vast improvement.

I was pissed about how our running attack looked.

But we got the Saints* at home next week.....

Posted · Report post

After shitting the bed the first half, the defense [b]only gave up a FG in an ENTIRE half of professional football[/b]. I am actually proud of them. Cam forced a couple bad throws, oh well. He is still young. Mike Vick had 4 INT's, today. Chud on the other hand, MY GOD. He has to be better, period.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Miguel O'Hara 2.0' timestamp='1347234718' post='1892628']
Green Bay lost their first game, as did the defending SB champs, wonder if their fans are calling for a fire sell like the idiots running around this place
[/quote]

LOL The Packers were playing against the team that should have went to and won the SB and we were playing against a terrible team that played awful.(and still lost)

Posted · Report post

I'm not worried yet to be honest...now if we lose next week...then we're in trouble..

Posted · Report post

Thank you!

Posted · Report post

All linebackers sans Keuchly had a solid game. It was neat to see Davis make those back to back plays. Beason and Anderson looked good.

There are no words for how bad both OGs played.

Steve Smith looked very good. LaFell had a decent game but dropped a big one.

Cam had a bad game. Half of that was because LOL offensive line. He still seemed to play rattled and uncomfortable for most of the game, holding on to the ball way too long and was forcing things all over.

Rivera needs to take a class or something on clock management. He was horrible at it last year and that seems to have carried over.

Joe Adams did the impossible and made me yearn for Armanti Edwards. I formally apologize for ranting and he should be the starting PR until Adams cures his dropsies.