#1 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

..is really sucking some major penis today.

I've always been a 'cup is half full' type of person. I learned that it's the only way to live life in general.

Seeing some posts just makes me cringe.

waaaaaaaaaah, fire the coaches! They all don't know what they are doing!

blah the end is nigh!

arehsagouasdfohweru afffsuckf, asfasduahffaslfjus, see I told you we sucked since last year.

...THE fug IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

The defense, although started out slowly, keep us in the game. Look at the final score. 16-10. What does that tell you? No really, all snide remarks aside. Look at what's in front of you. The Defense will keep us in games.. Frank Alexander!! My god. Two batted down passes, one Tackle. Beason coming back with 10 freaking tackles. Dwan Edwards getting in there with help of Cj to pressure Freeman and get a sack aside his 4 solo tackles and 1 assisted one. He was in the backfield most of the day. Hardy getting a sack. Vincent Jackson was contained for most of the game. Captain Munnerlyn getting that nice deflection on that huge 3rd down play, although he did screw up in special teams but he played well for the most part. Norman was abused, so was Nakamura. The Defense as a whole played their asses off and the product was a 6 point lost. They are the ones to me that should be given a game ball if I could give them one. I'm very pleased with most of their play. Yes Doug Martin got close to 100 yards, but the Bucs were stopped for FGs through out the day except for that one TD pass to Williams.

The offense was supposed to be our strong point. It still is in my opinion. Running game always starts slowly, not having Stewart really made an impact. We all know DeAngelo starts off slowly and Tolbert, well he did his thing. Smith was contained most of the game, Greg Olsen, LaFell, and even Murphy stepped up and caught their share of receptions.

First half we were a zombie as a unit. Nothing happening except Olsen being Cams friend for most of the day. Adjustments were made believe it or not, 0 points in the first half and we were down only 13 points. Two touchdowns to comes back. One touchdown to make this a game. The Special teams was sporadic but I saw Adams get some good returns. The offense came alive too little too late though. The Bucs D came alive at the right time. That huge 3rd down we needed batted down. Bottom line, offense wasn't clicking but defense was.

The little things need to get fixed and will be fixed. We know what the Bucs are about for the next time we meet. This wasn't a blow out game. It was a close game that was won by the team that wanted it a little more, the team that out played the other. Unfortunately it wasn't our team. I'm confident this won't happen when they come in to Charlotte later on in the year.

TL;DR

Trench wars were lost by the Panthers, Defense started slow finished strong. Things can and will be fixed. The sky isn't falling. Calm yo' tits.

#2 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Absolutely agree.

We made adjustments at halftime! Suck on that, Fox!

#3 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

I expected great things from the huddle after the stellar off season we had.

#4 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Agreed. And the color of Phillips' name/stats in your sig is damn near unreadable - might want to pick a darker color.

#5 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Poo happens even after a win just on a smaller scale.

#6 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well...you don't like this forum, you can go find one that you do like. It is pretty cool these days to tell people stuff like that.

#7 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Ah. The first annual post game apologist thread. Football really IS back.

#8 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,834 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Agreed. And the color of Phillips' name/stats in your sig is damn near unreadable - might want to pick a darker color.

Ah for real? I can read it. I'll pick another shade of blue then. Maybe another color.

#9 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,152 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

It's better to just stay away from the Huddle/all message boards on game days/post game because it brings out the crazies in full force. We'll be fine. You can't judge a team based on 1 week (especially going against a new look team and a new college coach), but we definitely noticed where we must get better. Still have high hopes for the year.

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thought I was reading a book

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,752 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'm temped to take a message board break, it's fraking ridiculous.

#12 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

You forgot special teams, no fixable items there?

#13 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Honestly, the mindless drones who go on year after year about how everything is fine and we are about to turn the corner are infinitely worse than the people who freak out when the fantasy world of panther domination they built in their minds over the offseason comes crashing down.

#14 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,834 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thought I was reading a book

I'll try to keep it at a comic book level next time for you.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'll try to keep it at a comic book level next time for you.

Would preciate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com