• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#91 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,233 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

Did I say that?
I said I wouldn't want RR to strips plays from Chud. You don't want a coach who knows little offense to start stripping plays away, do you?

Post was about Rivera taking some control ...you said no to that. and yes, when Chud does what he did today...Rivera needs to step in and correct it. Not with him making the specific calls but telling him to run and do it the right way

#92 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

Post was about Rivera taking some control ...you said no to that. and yes, when Chud does what he did today...Rivera needs to step in and correct it. Not with him making the specific calls but telling him to run and do it the right way

Yeah Chuck forgets what he doesn't want Rivera to do Fox did all the time.

And he loves Fox.

#93 carolina_chuck

carolina_chuck

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yeah Chuck forgets what he doesn't want Rivera to do Fox did all the time.

And he loves Fox.

Im not going to lie, I love Foxy still. Best coach we ever had.

RR, he's a coach all y'all homers wants to like. Y'all don't like him, y'all just try and force yall self into liking him bc he's our HC.

#94 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Rivera need to get more involve with the defense before he tries to get involve with the offense. Tired of that vanilla soft D.

Let me help you dumbass.

The Bucs had the ball for 37:27 almost 40 minutes of a 60 minute game. They had a total of 258 yards on offense. They only scored 16 points and had 3.6 yards per carry. They went 5-14 on 3rd downs for 35%. The defense was doing it's job dumbass!!

#95 HardcoreDefense

HardcoreDefense

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

Did I say that?
I said I wouldn't want RR to strips plays from Chud. You don't want a coach who knows little offense to start stripping plays away, do you?

Rivera is the head coach. If Chud is calling BS then Rivera looks bad. So if Rivera wants to keep his job, he's going to strip away the BS plays. Simple as that.

#96 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,387 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

So we have a game where the defense actually does a half-decent job while what's supposed to be a high-powered offense sputters, aaaaaaand people follow that up by complaining about the coaching on the defensive side of the ball.

Uuuuummm...yeah.

#97 HardcoreDefense

HardcoreDefense

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Rivera is the head coach. If Chud is calling BS then Rivera looks bad. So if Rivera wants to keep his job, he's going to strip away the BS plays. Simple as that.

Or fire Chud. But this is only 1 game. It seems reasonable to talk about bad coaching mid way in the season but this is only the first game. C'mon people we have 15 more games and a rematch with the Bucs. No need to start pointing fingers yet.

#98 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

I honestly think the democratic convention fuged the team over. They looked sluggish and just not right at all.

#99 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

friggin obama

#100 Down Goes sCam

Down Goes sCam

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Rivera can't coach.. I've been saying that ever since he proved he's not half the coach John Fox was. Fox went to the playoffs with the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. that's coaching.

#101 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hahahaha the huddle. Never change, guys, I need y'all to lighten up my Mondays.

#102 Down Goes sCam

Down Goes sCam

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Rivera can't coach.. I've been saying that ever since he proved he's not half the coach John Fox was. Fox went to the playoffs with the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. that's coaching.

#103 PantherBlue

PantherBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

As far as judging him on his record.. he doesn't have enough of a record to be judged so critically. His first year, he took over a team that was 2-14 the year before, and they were actually that bad IMO. He comes in his first year with no training camp or team meetings in the off-season and wins 6 games (could have and should have been 8 or more if it weren't for the great Mare missing those 4th quarter field goals.

This year will be clearly on him IMO, but think I'll wait until the end of the season for that. And even then, there have been many great coaches not have the best career starts.. I think of that Bill Belichick had like 5 losing seasons out of his first 6 season as a head coach. And Chuck Noll, Bill Parcells, and Bill Walsh all had losing seasons in their first 2 or 3 seasons.

And, no, I don't think the Panthers are some elite team that should be beating everybody. Hurney, IMO, has not put that quality of a team together. Yes, we have some great players, but there are alot more talented teams than us.

I'd say when he starts calling bonehead plays on the sideline, then we may want to start worrying. But I put the blame on the Tampa game on the Offensive line.

#104 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,505 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

I fuggn agree!!!!
Thought I was the only one who miss Foxy.
Thought everyone on here were assholes.

Can we make a "Rivera can't coach Bandwagon"? I wanna sign up.

#105 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

I fuggn agree!!!!
Thought I was the only one who miss Foxy.
Thought everyone on here were assholes.

Can we make a "Rivera can't coach Bandwagon"? I wanna sign up.

Cereal and not cereal at the same time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.