#106 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,204 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Or fire Chud. But this is only 1 game. It seems reasonable to talk about bad coaching mid way in the season but this is only the first game. C'mon people we have 15 more games and a rematch with the Bucs. No need to start pointing fingers yet.

Fug no. Even though Chud called a retarded game yesterday, he's the only legit thing we have on the coaching staff. We would've never won 6 games or even stayed in games last year w/o Chud.

Fuggn Rivera is fuggn overrated!!!!!!!

Hindsight 20/20, Chud should've been HC and Rivera as DC. Would've been a much better team. Period!

#107 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,204 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Rivera is the head coach. If Chud is calling BS then Rivera looks bad. So if Rivera wants to keep his job, he's going to strip away the BS plays. Simple as that.

Tell me one thing RR have done great so far. One thing. Name it. You can't. Other than drafting Cam Newton.

#108 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

This has probably been said already but...

Rivera said in his postgame conference:

"They did some things we didn't have time to prepare for..."

Its the first game of the season...if you don't have time to prepare now when are you ever going to have time? Pretty lame excuse. Jury is still out but this is a team that should be able to compete for this division (with the Saints* in disaray) and if we aren't then Rivera will deserve to be on the hot seat come next year. I don't believe in replacing a coach after two years but I'm not going through the John Fox BS again. They get paid to win...period.

#109 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

I was very disappointed yesterday. But, I think it is way too early to say Rivera is a bad coach. I hope both he and Chud learned something yesterday. They were not the only coaches whose teams did not live up to expectations yesterday.

It will be important to see how this team responds.

#110 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

I was very disappointed yesterday. But, I think it is way too early to say Rivera is a bad coach. I hope both he and Chud learned something yesterday. They were not the only coaches whose teams did not live up to expectations yesterday.

It will be important to see how this team responds.

Yep, I agree.

It's just one game, but the message that one game sent wasn't very promising. If the team drops an egg next week then I'll begin to throw trash cans and convenience stores.

#111 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

I didn't tolerate excuses from fox when he was here, I'm not going to tolerate excuses from any other head coach. Honeymoon season is over, and this is the make-or-break year. You either produce a winning team now, or lose reputation here. Many rookie head coaches in recent years brought winning to their team instantly. How many years does it take take to deliver winning here?

#112 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

GM is a greater issue! His issues last for years! Personnel is the issue that will always separate the true elite from us.This young guy crap is whack! This is the pros, get more vets!

#113 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Rivera is fine, he just needs to demand that we run the ball more.

I was surprised to see that Tolbert wasn't incorporated into the offense more until it was too late. He seemed like an afterthought. I guess I could say that about a few other people also. Chud didn't bring too much to the table today. He seemed to get a little something going late, but his game plan was decidedly uninspired and uninspiring.

#114 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,404 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Rivera is better as a DC

you're an idiot.

The truth has been spoken.

#115 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

What I saw Sunday was a continuation of when the starters were in the Jets preseason game. I said then to friends that I didn't like the way Cam played against the Jets and the same thing happened against the Bucs. Wishy-washy, not making good hard decisions. Sure, OL didn't help but I lay the fault at Cam. At the end of 2011, he always knew what to do with the ball before he had it. Not Sunday. That hesitation lead to sacks. It lead to those 2 so badly thrown floater balls that they were intercepted. It lead to the OL not always knowing what to do.

As for our defense, it was strictly situational defense in the 1st half. They scored only 13 points but it is all on the D for allowing them to continue drives for so long. Their gameplan was to keep Cam off the field and our D let them do that. I don't consider our D as being that good this game. Like I said, situational. Are we back to "bend but don't break"? So we don't tackle any more?

I can't put the loss on Rivera. That's on the lack of players' execution. But a good part of getting ready for a game is getting your team ready and we weren't ready. I was very disappointed in our start. What happened to smash mouth football no matter what the other team did? That's what I expected to see, win or lose.

#116 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Maybe with this loss we can lose all these bandwagon fans? Hope so.....

#117 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

It's not Rivera's fault. It's Hurney's, like always.

Hurney hired Rivera. Ron has one more chance to prove to me this team is heading in the right direction.

#118 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Maybe with this loss we can lose all these bandwagon fans? Hope so.....

oh my god shut the fug up with the superfan bullshit

#119 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,404 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Damn Rivera and Hurney for not suiting up and playing!

#120 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

oh my god shut the fug up with the superfan bullshit

omg shut the fug up with the superforumhardass bullshit
you obviously are here to get reactions out of your posts.
grow a pair.........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.