67 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Honestly though it was pretty good all things considered. He can throw on any defense he wants to. Protection was not good. Pretty efficient day, the two picks were bad.

Is anyone REALLY worried about Cam Newton? I'm not. Now that the dust has settled a few hours... any really truly worried?

#2 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Wasnt impressed though the o line didnt help

yeah to be honest at this point Im concerned we might have a non franchise type franchise qb - we might be stuck in this gear for awhile and Im getting old.

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,172 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

He ignored his checkdowns at some bad points. He has to recognize that taking small chunks of yards can soften defenses up too.

#4 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm not worried but he needs to stop forcing things when plays go south and learn to not make a bad play worse. Beyond the olines poor play, he still seemed very hesitant at times and indecisive

DeAngelo could have gotten a first down when he had that first int

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

stats are great for fantasy. give me a w. screw the perfomance.

#6 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,826 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Nah just a couple bad choices that wasnt helped by the line. Got a few lolz in the chat though when raleigh-panther said he wasnt sure cam was a QB....

#7 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

I was more dissapointed in the line than I was him.

He held the ball a couple times way too long, and there were also times when he left the pocket, when he didn't need too.

It's so easy to forget that he's only in the start of his 2nd year. The expectations are so high for him. He is going to be a good one, but like all QB's, he needs time in the pocket. He made a couple throws that were great. The two deep balls to Murphy (including the one that was broken up on a great play by barron, were great throws).

#8 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

yeah to be honest at this point Im concerned we might have a non franchise type franchise qb - we might be stuck in this gear for awhile and Im getting old.

What is this supposed to mean?

#9 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

you guys need a few weeks worth of watching Cleveland Browns football... and have your cam taken away from you like a water supply... then you tell me what you think of him.

Browns fans I live around are ready to kill themselves

#10 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

To play devil's advocate: Cam has struggled for a while now. Played poorly the 2nd half of the last regular season game last year. Played poorly in the Pro Bowl. Played poorly at worst and mediocre at best all preseason. And now played poorly to mediocre today.

Good news? That's just a game and a half of bad football when it matters. I'm just going to pull Week 4 out of my ass and say let's wait until Week 4 before we start saying he was overrated last year or is in a sophomore slump. He'll bounce back though of that I'm very confident.

#11 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Considering he threw for 300, his running back didnt pick up a first down all game, and his OL was non-existent...not bad.

Dude still needs to learn how to win tho...and that starts with feeling some urgency in the 4th instead of continuing to be lax.

#12 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

To play devil's advocate: Cam has struggled for a while now. Played poorly the 2nd half of the last regular season game last year. Played poorly in the Pro Bowl. Played poorly at worst and mediocre at best all preseason. And now played poorly to mediocre today.

Good news? That's just a game and a half of bad football when it matters. I'm just going to pull Week 4 out of my ass and say let's wait until Week 4 before we start saying he was overrated last year or is in a sophomore slump. He'll bounce back though of that I'm very confident.

Well which is it gonna be? Folks are yelling for wins, and we finished 4-2 in the last 6 of last season, yet Cam played poorly? He didn't have the crazy stats, but I would say he was more efficient.

#13 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Second half of the LAST GAME. As in two quarters against the Saints* when they were running up the score.

#14 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,107 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

What I find so troubling is, other teams are doing everything to protect their QB and give him time to get his job done but not this team. It's the attitude of We got Cam that seems to be the attitude. He can do it all. Why bother do our job and protect him so he can get good reads. Let's let every defender get to him and let's have the pocket break easily break down around so he won't have a chance to and have to throw on the first read or run for his life.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Considering the "performance" of the OL, I thought he played decent. The first INT should've been a pass interference, but it was a bad decision to throw into triple coverage. The second INT was another bad decision, but didn't really hurt us too bad since it was already 3rd and long and that INT basically equaled a 30 yard punt.

When the OL is struggling like they were today, Chud has to stop trying to be cute and call some quick hitter plays or some max protect plays to get us cranking. He called way too much slow developing bullshit today and the Bucs just kept pinning their ears back and bringing the heat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.