Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam's performance

68 posts in this topic

If you look around the league today you will see plenty of big names with multiple picks.

I think we may have a long season ahead of us...I see a sophomore slump before cam gets better.

Cam played very well considering the defense knew we had given up on the run. Those interceptions are expected when you're asked to pass the ball that many times. The defense was already expecting a pass for the entire second half and its amazing that he still went 23/33, passed for 300+ yards and got 10 points out of it. Blaming a player for throwing a couple of picks while being the only dimension of this one-dimensional offense is just silly. Not only should Cam be given a break, but he should be praised for having to go to work without a running game and still showing up. Blame Chud for the couple of mistakes Cam made because he's the one who gave up on the running game even though we were only at a 6 point deficit. We abandoned the run because of the 13 point lead, but not bringing back the run when only down 6 points is just ridiculous. It was not a well-called game, and I hope Chud can learn from this.

Am I the only one who didn't think the 1st INT was bad? Maybe I have shades on (but considering I've constantly argued against Cam this offseason for people who overhype him, which I can acknowledge even with as much as I love him) but the ball hit the receivers chest. It was not triple coverage like people keep saying. DB just made a great play on the ball, led to a tipped ball, and Barber picks it off. It only looked like triple coverage because DBs broke on the ball quickly as soon as it was tipped. Just one of those things that happen.

I thought Newton looked terrific. 2nd interception was terrible but all in all, he is FAR from one of our worries. Or at least he should be.

Cams first pick hit lafell in the hands.

His second was a combination of him and the oline. It was not a great read, but the throw would have at least given smith a chance if cam had adequate room to step up.

Considering he threw for 300, his running back didnt pick up a first down all game, and his OL was non-existent...not bad.

Dude still needs to learn how to win tho...and that starts with feeling some urgency in the 4th instead of continuing to be lax.

Pretty much this

i think the world is going to end and i should kill myself.

1 person likes this