• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

i agree that we should have thrown more screens,short passes etc to try to soften up the defense but i think people need to understand that our passing game is built on getting big chunks of yardage at a time. Cam made a few bad throws/decisons but we don't want to take to much of the big play mentality out of his game

#62 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,200 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Cam's performance was good, considering the circumstances... o-line was totally dominated both on running and passing plays for the majority of the game and he still managed to throw for 300 yards and a TD.

The first pick was clearly PI, Talib pulled Lafell down by the back of his jersey as he was going to make the catch. You can argue about whether or not the ball should have been thrown into that kind of coverage in the first place, but it was a good throw negated by a missed PI call and a heads up play by Barber.

The second pick was a mistake, Cam was trying to make a play and got too aggressive.

#63 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Mark Barron saved a fugging touchdown, if Murphy had caught that no one was infront of him.

If Murphy had caught that you guys wouldn't be bitching about Cam.

For a team that had 10 rushing yards and abandoned the run he did pretty alright. It wasn't his best performance, but it's was good all things considered. spread the ball around pretty well. That first int was a good play gone wrong, the second int was questionable throw but could've gone either way.

We're a young TEAM (not just QB, team) that thought this game would be handed on a silver platter to us because of how badly we whopped the bucs last year. Good wake up call. But if you seriously thought this team is going to take the Saints** and the Giants as lightly as they did the Bucs yesterday you're really fuggin' wrong.

I hope the run game/short pass game returns when Stew is back. He's a big part of it.

D-Lo can't catch and dances around too much, certainly didn't help with our run game today.

#64 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,200 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Mark Barron saved a fugging touchdown, if Murphy had caught that no one was infront of him.

If Murphy had caught that you guys wouldn't be bitching about Cam.

For a team that had 10 rushing yoards and abandoned the run he did pretty alright. That first int was a good play gone wrong, the second int was questionable throw but could've gone either way.

We're a young TEAM (not just QB, team) that thought this game would be handed on a silver platter to us because of how badly we whopped the bucs last year. Good wake up call. But if you seriously thought this team is going to take the Saints*** and the Giants as lightly as they did the Bucs yesterday you're really fuggin' wrong.

I hope the run game/short pass game returns when Stew is back. He's a big part of it.

D-Lo can't catch and dances around too much, certainly didn't help with our run game today.

Agreed, but let's not throw DeAngelo under the bus - he's not the kind of back that can make his own hole and he wasn't given anywhere to run.

Stewart would have helped, he's our thumper.

Given DeAngelo's struggle to find a running lane, I'm surprised they didn't use Tolbert more?

#65 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Agreed, but let's not throw DeAngelo under the bus - he's not the kind of back that can make his own hole and he wasn't given anywhere to run.

Stewart would have helped, he's our thumper.

Given DeAngelo's struggle to find a running lane, I'm surprised they didn't use Tolbert more?

Tolbert tweaked his hamstring early and kindof limped off the field in the second quarter. May have something to do with it.

#66 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,200 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Tolbert tweaked his hamstring early and kindof limped off the field in the second quarter. May have something to do with it.

Ah, didn't realize Tolbert tweaked his hammy... that might explain it.

#67 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

could anyone find cam's full presser after the game yesterday? It was not up on the official site when I went to bed.

#68 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

IMO he had 1 pick. Those tips are complete BS on a QBs stats. His stats say he made 2 mistakes. Did he?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com