Photo
- - - - -

NC STATE, for the final recruit of 2009, lands...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

...Deshawn Painter (3 star, 126 overall via Rivals).

Say good-bye to John Wall because this was our last scholarship. However, we have the 7th ranked PG coming in this year and a 5 star point guard for next year in Ryan Harrow (plus Gonzalez, Mays, and an experienced Degand). Besides, these rankings don't mean much and it isn't necessarily going to bring anyone a championship. That being said, John Wall, while he may improve another team's chances, isn't the end all be all. Painter is a powerful big man that can compliment NBA bound (yes, he is) Tracy Smith with that Australian kid that's comin' in too. Oh, and btw, the basketball team recieved 995 pts out of a possible 1,000 in the Academic Progress Rate (APR) which is phenomenal. Sorry to say, with Calipari, UK's scholarships might dwindle down. Anywho, i'm feeling perrty good right now.

Go Pack!

#2 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:12 AM

good luck

#3 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

probably better that the Pack just leave Wall alone.......too much drama for any team, especially one that is rebuilding

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

41-10

#5 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

41-10

Wow, that's a helluva basketball score! Get on point... :lol:

#6 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:41 AM

lol I did that bc Tweeder said he missed my brazen attitude in an earlier thread.

At least I'm not crying about all the UNC fans in an NC State thread....yeesh

#7 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

lol I did that bc Tweeder said he missed my brazen attitude in an earlier thread.

:D

#8 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

I'm happy even though I won't be able to goto NC State since I'll be at UNC-Charlotte

#9 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

man, this thread's on the verge of a hi-jack...i can feel it. Oh, and Ncstatefan, Lutz has a great program in Charlotte. Should be a lot of fun. The gym they play in, while nothing like the mecca, is a dominant place to play and go nuts. Anyways, good luck with your college education.

#10 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

4 star, 89th overall via Scout.com as a PF, whereas Rivals has him listed as a C

Either way, he gives us another big body that will be able to contribute next year, unlike Australian center Jordan Vandenberg who will probably need a year before he will be ready to contribute more than garbage time for the team.

#11 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

probably better that the Pack just leave Wall alone.......too much drama for any team, especially one that is rebuilding

I believe we all can agree with this :cheers2:

#12 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

I think you are just startin to make things up, or somebody has edited one of my posts....I do not miss anything about you

#13 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

4 star, 89th overall via Scout.com as a PF, whereas Rivals has him listed as a C

Either way, he gives us another big body that will be able to contribute next year, unlike Australian center Jordan Vandenberg who will probably need a year before he will be ready to contribute more than garbage time for the team.

Agreed, but those foreign prospects are a toss up. You never know. Also, bringing up the scout.com rating just proves that these ranking are useless. I think the kid, from what I know of him, is higher than what both rivals and scout have him at.

State's back on the rise it would seem. Here's to Lowe's Legacy!

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

I think you are just startin to make things up, or somebody has edited one of my posts....I do not miss anything about you

Posted Image

#15 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

man, this thread's on the verge of a hi-jack...i can feel it. Oh, and Ncstatefan, Lutz has a great program in Charlotte. Should be a lot of fun. The gym they play in, while nothing like the mecca, is a dominant place to play and go nuts. Anyways, good luck with your college education.

Thanks.

I've never supported another program in my entire life, and have never been outside of RBC/Reynolds for a BBall game so it'll be a new experience.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com