Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nakurmara

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Martin is a much better saftey when he doesn't have to come down and make/assist in tackles. Naka made/assisted on about 3 tackles that I'm not sure Martin would've been about to assist on. It's like Martin is afraid to hit a moving target.

Posted

Martin's problem was that he can't play safety. The talent was and will always be there, he's just a perversion of Fox and Hurney's inability to develop talent.

Posted

I'd love to draft a legit safety for once, not a conversion project.

We lost this game at the LOS, but FS is a need, IMO,

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd love to draft a legit safety for once, not a conversion project.

We lost this game at the LOS, but FS is a need, IMO,

True the Oline lost us this game....the Dline at least kept us in it.

1 person likes this

Posted

True the Oline lost us this game....the Dline at least kept us in it.

They did after they gave up easy points. D Edwards is new a d we're still adjusting to LB rotations so I expect them to get better. I just want a stout line on both sides of the ball.

Posted

Hate to say it but wish we could have drafted a top safetyast year. Mark barron's breakup on the newton pass to Murphy saved them from us scoring and possibly winning. We need a real safety ASAP

1 person likes this

Posted

I see no Nakurmara playing for the Panthers.

Posted

I'm really starting to question this coaching staffs ability to evaluate talent, no way Nakurmara is a starting caliber safety in this league, he's probably a great special teamer, but the guy is on the small side and slow and just doesn't have that great of a skill set.

If you guys thought Martin was a liability last season, you're going to be in a rude awakening if this guy starts the remainder of this year.

Posted

Theyre safe ass offense never even went deep or attacked our safeties at all, how can you guys really judge how nakamura played?

Posted

Freeman moved he and Keuchly with his eyes on that first TD. Both Keuchly and Nakamura bit hard.

I originally blamed him for the block punt as well, but after re-watching it, our entire right side of the line collapsed and he was forced to help inside. if he hadn't, the block would have come from the inside.

He wasn't great yesterday, but he didn't stand out as someone I thought played horribly.

Posted

The Block punt happened because the Bucs overloaded on one side and we didn't adjust.

Posted

Theyre safe ass offense never even went deep or attacked our safeties at all, how can you guys really judge how nakamura played?

because safeties do more in coverage than run 60 yards down the field... blatant holes in the zone where Nakamura looked flat-footed with a 10 yard cushion instead of breaking on routes at ~20 yards..