#16 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

I'd love to draft a legit safety for once, not a conversion project.

We lost this game at the LOS, but FS is a need, IMO,

True the Oline lost us this game....the Dline at least kept us in it.

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

True the Oline lost us this game....the Dline at least kept us in it.

They did after they gave up easy points. D Edwards is new a d we're still adjusting to LB rotations so I expect them to get better. I just want a stout line on both sides of the ball.

#18 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hate to say it but wish we could have drafted a top safetyast year. Mark barron's breakup on the newton pass to Murphy saved them from us scoring and possibly winning. We need a real safety ASAP

#19 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

I see no Nakurmara playing for the Panthers.

#20 Pantherxtreme

Pantherxtreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

I'm really starting to question this coaching staffs ability to evaluate talent, no way Nakurmara is a starting caliber safety in this league, he's probably a great special teamer, but the guy is on the small side and slow and just doesn't have that great of a skill set.

If you guys thought Martin was a liability last season, you're going to be in a rude awakening if this guy starts the remainder of this year.

#21 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

Theyre safe ass offense never even went deep or attacked our safeties at all, how can you guys really judge how nakamura played?

#22 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Freeman moved he and Keuchly with his eyes on that first TD. Both Keuchly and Nakamura bit hard.

I originally blamed him for the block punt as well, but after re-watching it, our entire right side of the line collapsed and he was forced to help inside. if he hadn't, the block would have come from the inside.

He wasn't great yesterday, but he didn't stand out as someone I thought played horribly.

#23 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,467 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

The Block punt happened because the Bucs overloaded on one side and we didn't adjust.

#24 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Theyre safe ass offense never even went deep or attacked our safeties at all, how can you guys really judge how nakamura played?

because safeties do more in coverage than run 60 yards down the field... blatant holes in the zone where Nakamura looked flat-footed with a 10 yard cushion instead of breaking on routes at ~20 yards..

#25 SetfreexX

SetfreexX

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

The Block punt happened because the Bucs overloaded on one side and we didn't adjust.

This, if you're being honest about what happened and not trying to prove a point.

As far as Naka at FS IMO he's best used in the base defense inside the 20's and obviously on ST's, but in-between the 20's I think Martin offers more flexibilty he can cover, and run, as well as play the ball at it's highpoint (Naka's 5'10, he looks like the Munnerlyn of our S's). we look to have a little more pass rush this year. I'd think that would do him some good.

Either way we got things turned around last year, but I'd imagine we only had so much of a game-plan vs the Buccs because it looked like an ENTIRELY different defensive scheme, combined with a lack of power running from us (as it seemed everything was out of the gun) their line continued to penetrate get a push and was never given a reason to slow down by us. Chud has got to establish the run first to make DL's play honestly. Williams' six carries is not enough especially in a game the was always close and winnable.

#26 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

because safeties do more in coverage than run 60 yards down the field... blatant holes in the zone where Nakamura looked flat-footed with a 10 yard cushion instead of breaking on routes at ~20 yards..

I know, but as long as the safeties aren't sticking out like a sore thumb like last year, can't complain about too much, no big plays given up

#27 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

I still don't see why he was just given the job.

#28 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,468 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

It's pitiful people dismissed Laron Landry simply because he has a built name. Sure would've liked a player like that out on the field yesterday.

#29 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,653 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hate to say it but wish we could have drafted a top safetyast year. Mark barron's breakup on the newton pass to Murphy saved them from us scoring and possibly winning. We need a real safety ASAP

Barron was off the board and Carolina had him rated ahead of Luke. So they couldn't of drafted him....they would have had to trade up and given up picks. Even then they would have had to find a trading partner.

So no, it isn't fair to say they could of drafted him

#30 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Not sure what we were thinking going in to the season with him as a starter. You cannot compete in the NFL when you have so many positions filled with fringe NFL players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com