Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Grades - Panthers at Bucs

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Offense was not an F. They were more like a D. Coaching was an F.

Posted

the offense was definitely an F.

Posted

Can you go more in-depth with these grades? They don't really tell anyone anything but the obvious. Giving this offense an F because of the lack of running tells me nothing about how well the passing game did. Give a different rating to the different positions, the coordinators, first/second half performance, etc. Overall, yes, let's give the offense an F, but there's a lot more you could tell us. I mean, we all saw the game. We know what 10 rushing yards means and that it's bad. Give us more credit than that, Zod. This isn't our first season watching football.

Posted

Is this your own grading on the team?

Bc Offense played like a D+ and Deffense played like a C-, not B-.

I said it many times already, our Defense looked better in the second half bc of a rookie coach staying honest and managing the game. If it was a team like N.O., we'd be blown out. Quit looking at stats and the score.

Defense held the Bucs to 1/7 on third down in the second half. The object of ball/clock control offense is to keep the ball for as long as possible and to keep the clock running. Not to run three and outs and punt the ball. Our offense, particularly the o-line (and more specifically our two guards), poo the bed and didn't hold up their part of the bargain.

The defense deserves the B. They played a soft cover two zone to start the game because they didn't know what to expect from the offense. Even though the cover two gave up underneath passes on those first two drives, it did not give up big plays. Once we adjusted the defense to really go against what the bucs were doing, they locked that poo down and the Bucs offense went to poo.

Posted

Defense held the Bucs to 1/7 on third down in the second half. The object of ball/clock control offense is to keep the ball for as long as possible and to keep the clock running. Not to run three and outs and punt the ball. Our offense, particularly the o-line (and more specifically our two guards), poo the bed and didn't hold up their part of the bargain.

The defense deserves the B. They played a soft cover two zone to start the game because they didn't know what to expect from the offense. Even though the cover two gave up underneath passes on those first two drives, it did not give up big plays. Once we adjusted the defense to really go against what the bucs were doing, they locked that poo down and the Bucs offense went to poo.

Defense was a bit better but dnt let the stats fooled you. Schiano stayed honest and manage the game by running the ball with a rookie back. To kill the clock and put Cam on the sideline. That's why it was three and outs for the Bucs.

I gurantee you that if Schiano came back in the second half throwing those little "dump offs" and short passes and aimed for a high scoring game, they would've accomplish just that.

Posted

Defense was a bit better but dnt let the stats fooled you. Schiano stayed honest and manage the game by running the ball with a rookie back. To kill the clock and put Cam on the sideline. That's why it was three and outs for the Bucs.

I gurantee you that if Schiano came back in the second half throwing those little dump offs and aimed for a high scoring game, they would've accomplish just that.

You don't play "let's go 3 and out on purpose" with only a 6 point lead. Even a college coach knows that.

Posted

I have to add one grade, and that is a big fat "F" for Chud. That was one of the worst gameplans I've ever seen from an offense, followed by extremely poor adjustments as the game progressed.

Trick plays and misdirection are best used once the team thinks you have become predictable, not at the beginning of the game. Pass rush is slowed by a quick passing game, not by slow developing 20 yard routes.

Chud had his head firmly up his butt yesterday, and never took it out.

Posted

You don't play "let's go 3 and out on purpose" with only a 6 point lead. Even a college coach knows that.

They tried to run the clock down! That was Schiano's plan going into the second half. Do you try running the clock down by throwing? No you dnt.

Of course you're going to suffer if you try running the ball the whole second half. Those dump offs little short passes killed us in the first half. If they wanted to keep it up, it would've been just as bad in the 2nd as it did in the 1st.

A rookie coach when holding a 13 points lead going into the second half is not going to come out passing 50 times! WTF people!

Posted

I have to add one grade, and that is a big fat "F" for Chud. That was one of the worst gameplans I've ever seen from an offense, followed by extremely poor adjustments as the game progressed.

Trick plays and misdirection are best used once the team thinks you have become predictable, not at the beginning of the game. Pass rush is slowed by a quick passing game, not by slow developing 20 yard routes.

Chud had his head firmly up his butt yesterday, and never took it out.

I dnt know why loves to run those stupid option plays with Cam taking forever to decides if he keeps the ball or give it to Dwill or whoever.

I was sick of it last year and this year they comes out flying with more of those failed junk.

Gotta do a better job utilizing the backs and Cam.

Posted

The defense deserved a better grade, but the offense deserves the "F". Yes, some players on offense played inspired ball, but the poor effort by our O-line was worse than an "F".

Posted

I think thats a bit harsh giving the offense and F, I mean cmon, the Panthers played horrible but were still in a position to win. Cam was still able to pass for 300 yards. Also, they scored 2 more touchdowns than they would have with Jimmy Clausen. I say the offense deserves a D but definitely not an F.

We scored one touchdown.

Posted

Chudzinski is a mother fuger.

The Jekyll & Hyde of offensive coaching.

That one trick play where the moment it was executed Cam got smashed by 5 or so players.. yeah, let's not do that again until everyone knows how to fuging do it.