30 replies to this topic

#16 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hey we lost but nothing will make me feel better than beat the Saints* next week! We will be fine

#17 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

They finished 2 games over at 9-7 and wouldn't have even made the playoffs except for the fact that their division sucked. If they were in the NFC south they would not have made it in as a wild card. With our division the way it is we can't afford to lose to these shitty teams and still have any chance at the playoffs. 9-7 isn't going to get it done most years. And after yesterday that is being optimistic anyway.

9-7... Minus 1 win puts them at 8-8.. Therefore, 1 game over .500.

But if you want to jump off a bridge because we lost 1 game, then be my guest.

#18 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Knee jerk doom and gloom reaction from the lesser experienced huddlers is a tradition here.

I don't post here often, but I'm as big a Panther fan as anyone, and I think being an 'experienced' Panther fan makes 'doom and gloom reaction' a perfectly reasonable repsonse. In 17 years we've had exactly 4 winning seasons. I'm tired of losing. I know the past is not necessarily an indication of the future, but we have a tradition here. You can call it negativity or realism- your choice.

#19 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

I know there's a difference between the Packers, Giants, Saints** and our team, but I just can't place it.

#20 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

It's not going to make you feel good about the loss, but the point stands... the Steelers, Giants, Packers and Saints* all lost to inferior opponents this week, much too early to panic.

#21 Racist Cat Lady

Racist Cat Lady

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

I was reading this morning that half of the teams in the NFL lost yesterday (of all those that played). I hope this isn't a bad sign for the Panthers.

Ummm yeah obviously half the teams that played lost....

#22 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

I think people here were more ready to make fun of other posters than actually discuss our first loss of the year

I see more posters telling people not to panic than actual panicking

Posted Image

#23 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

the fact that carolina had no rushing game at all and still had a chance to win at the end, is awesome imo. past years, this would have been a blow out 42-0. The game was a grudge match between 2 division rivals. Was a good game, we didnt win but it was a good game to watch anyways.

I disagree. It was NOT a "good game". The defense played well, but the O-line was painful to watch. I don't consider a half-hearted effort from our o-line, poor play-calling and a lack of urgency a "good" thing by any measure.

#24 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

godderrn that flash was too much to handle

#25 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

I don't post here often, but I'm as big a Panther fan as anyone, and I think being an 'experienced' Panther fan makes 'doom and gloom reaction' a perfectly reasonable repsonse. In 17 years we've had exactly 4 winning seasons. I'm tired of losing. I know the past is not necessarily an indication of the future, but we have a tradition here. You can call it negativity or realism- your choice.

It's not negativity or realism - it's utterly foolish logic.

Tired of losing? OK. I'm with you there. I'm also tired of losing.

Doom & Gloom because we ran into a buzz saw of a motivated team in their field and we were not prepared for that level of intensity from them? Epic Fail.

Doom & Gloom because we were terrible in the past so we will surely be terrible in the future? More epic fail.

Doom & Gloom for any reason after one game? What the serious fug man.

#26 SpartanPanther89

SpartanPanther89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationDetroit/East Lansing

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Well we're not the Giants, Packers, or Saints*. Not even close. Even in defeat, their offenses atleast looked like they know how to play at an NFL level. Not to mention, we play New Orleans, New York, and at Atlanta (where we always struggle) the next three weeks. 0-4 is a serious possibility and 1-3 is very likely. Before the season started, I looked at our first four games assuming we'd be 2-2 or 3-1 with TB being the sure win. Well we lost that game and the next three don't look pretty either. I say we beat the Saints* and lose the other two. So no, those three teams aren't done yet and technically neither are we, but those teams are likely much more capable of bouncing back than we are. Luckily for us, we face two of those three in these upcoming weeks and we still control our own fate.

I hate to be such a negative Nancy but yesterday's game was really deflating as a fan.

#27 Greg Schiano

Greg Schiano

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Before the season started, I looked at our first four games assuming we'd be 2-2 or 3-1 with TB being the sure win.

I think your entire team felt the same as did the experts on ESPN. This bootleg play I ran like four dozen times seemed to work well. My inspiration for the play and our gameplan was a game of Tecmo I was playing before kickoff. I saw our entire playbook from last year on there!

#28 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

I'm sorry, but this does not help especially considering the fact the Packers, Saints* and Giants have been much better than us the past 3 seasons. poo... in fact all 3 had a SB in the past 3 years about

#29 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I was reading this morning that half of the teams in the NFL lost yesterday (of all those that played). I hope this isn't a bad sign for the Panthers.

Psst... I think this is poorly disguised sarcasm.

Ummm yeah obviously half the teams that played lost....

I dont think he got it.

#30 Greg Schiano

Greg Schiano

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm sorry, but this does not help especially considering the fact the Packers, Saints*** and Giants have been much better than us the past 3 seasons. poo... in fact all 3 had a SB in the past 3 years about

Who cares if they've won a superbowl? Hasn't every team won a superbowl at least once in their franchise history? Saints** are all distracted and ... well... good luck with the Packers. I'll give Ron our coordinator's number, he used to coach* for the Giants. Might have a few tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com