Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"There is always next week"

70 posts in this topic

Posted

hey dude I dont appreciate you talking poo about the MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY CAROLINA PANTHERS so BACK OFF

1 person likes this

Posted

There is always next year.

Posted

There is always two years from now with possibly another coach...

Posted

Ron Rivera should channel the energy of the message boards; totally freak out, bench everybody, call Hurney a dumbass, fire both coordinators, then commit Hari-Kari in the middle of his press conference. Anything less than this is weak and unacceptable and reflects a culture of willingness to accept mediocrity.

Posted

Panthers Football - "There's always next decade."

Posted

What does it suggest about your coaching acumen if you can't get your team to execute better than your opponent, when your opponents are led by a rookie head coach from the big east and an interim head coach?

I'd like to think if you have a healthy team and you're a good coach you can at least split the games. Ron needs to deliver a win or else I don't know if we have as good a leader on the sidelines as we think we do. If he can't draw up a better gameplan than Schiano and Joe Vitt, I think it's time we re-evaluate our perception of Ron.

1 person likes this

Posted

If I read that quote unattributed, I never would've guessed it was Rivera who said it. That's just not been his MO since the day he walked in the door here. I'm still a bit puzzled by it, tbh. If there is always next week, I'm going to expect a lot next week against the Saints*.

Posted

There are things that have truly concerned me about Rivera. They were a problem last year, but I had hoped it was simply youthful inexperience on the part of the players AND coaches, and that an offseason to work with the team might alleviate things.

Here we are though, and we're still seeing similar problems that plagued us all last year-ones that are directly attributed to poor coaching. Stupid errors, dumb penalties, poor preperatIon, poor clock management on the two minute drill, flat emotion. All these things fall squarely on the shoulders of the coaches.

Some of it is rust no doubt, but at the same time you don't see other coaches-even rookie coaches-struggling with these issues.

I don't think Rivera is a bad coach. But some concerns are starting to creep into my mind.

Part of the problem may simply be that the coaches seem so concerned with implementing all the "fancy, magical tomfoolery" offensively and defensively that there hasnt been as strong a focus on fundamental football on the practice field.

One things for sure.... This ain't the right attitude to have. One week into the season and he already sounds defeated.

Posted

Since the Packers lost yesterday have they been eliminated from the playoffs?

Posted

What will they say if Ron is out coached by Aron Cromer.

Posted

Rivera ripped the players at half time with a mix of swear words and fury. When dealing with the media, he's going to give calm and bland responses.

Posted

The problem isn't losing a game it's how you lost the game. This team should well know they HAVE to score points. They tied the Dolphins for fewest points in a game this week. They also set a record for fewest rushing yards in a game. Pilares led the team in rushing with 1 carry for 5 yards. There was an amateur mistake on a punt that easily allowed the Bucs to send more men then we had blocking on the right side.

If I were the Steelers and Peyton Manning picked me apart while Portis looked like a top 3 corner back, I'd think we can dust ourselves off and get the next one. When Tampa Bay goes in and passes for 138 yards then lets the Panthers defeat themselves the rest of the way, I'm seriously worried. It was a pitiful performance, not just a loss. Don't mistake the two. It may count just as much as any other loss but it was much worse in terms of where the football team is.