22 replies to this topic

#16 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

It's the same throw Cam made to Lafell early on to convert a 3rd & long. Also our defense forced a 3 & out right after that INT, so no harm, no foul.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,276 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

It's the same throw Cam made to Lafell early on to convert a 3rd & long. Also our defense forced a 3 & out right after that INT, so no harm, no foul.

Neither INT resulted in points

#18 the_philosopher

the_philosopher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

that was just as good as a punt, imo....

Agreed. Neither interception was a bad a throw as far as I can tell. All in all, I saw Cam make many good throws, a few great ones, and no terrible ones. I'm firmly on the "offensive line and play-calling are to blame" bandwagon.

#19 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Agreed. Neither interception was a bad a throw as far as I can tell. All in all, I saw Cam make many good throws, a few great ones, and no terrible ones. I'm firmly on the "offensive line and play-calling are to blame" bandwagon.

this the o-line and play calling was just terrible.

#20 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

On a positive note, Dalton is playing like crap and should draw some attention away from Cam from the blood thirsty media that's been looking for every opportunity to vindicate their pre-draft criticism of him (Cam, I mean)

"Interception in a game you say??? Overrated!! Too stupid!!! Running QB!!! RG3!!!!"

#21 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,246 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

On a positive note, Dalton is playing like crap and should draw some attention away from Cam from the blood thirsty media that's been looking for every opportunity to vindicate their pre-draft criticism of him (Cam, I mean)

"Interception in a game you say??? Overrated!! Too stupid!!! Running QB!!! RG3!!!!"

Yep... as many in the media peanut gallery tried to explain about Cam's game, if what Cam did (23/33, 303 yds, 1 TD, 2 ints) is a "sophomore slump", I fully expect them to excoriate Andy Dalton after tonights game (22/37, 221 yds, 0 TD, 1 int) for the utter loser he is.

They're gonna do that... right? :P

#22 SmashinnDashin

SmashinnDashin

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

You have to realize the situation we were in. It was 13-7 and we had GREAT field position from the Joe Adams return. We had been struggling all game up to this point, but had just gotten a score and seemed to be gaining some confidence. We only needed like 10-15 yards for field goal range. There is just no reason to try and force a pass into double/triple coverage given the point we were at in the game. Yes our defense stopped the bucs from scoring off of it but it completely changed the momentum of the game. I agree that great quarterbacks CAN and do throw into this type of coverage, but there was no NEED to do so.

#23 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Glad to see he got it out of the way. Now let's get ready for next week!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com