Photo
- - - - -

the one thing that irks me about this loss...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

I may be wrong, but was that not you that argued all offseason that Kuechly should play the middle over Beason, and used combine stats to argue that Kuechly is a better LB than Beason?

goes back to my thought Beason wouldn't be 100% to start the season.....which I was wrong about.

But big picture, I still Luke will be a better MLB.....if he turns out to be what he projects to be than Beason. That doesn't mean today, means down the road.

#32 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

You put Tracy Porter and Mcgahee.

Both of which are better than Godfrey.

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Peyton Manning carries a lot of weight....for example he will turn Thomas into a Pro Bowl WR this year. Thomas has tons of talent....now has a QB.

Peyton, Clady, Champ, Miller > our top 4.

Our RB depth doesn't carry that much weight since they a subbing for each other for the most part. All are very good RBs but the overlap they have dimishes it.

Our top four: Cam, Smitty, Gross and Beason. I'd take that as pretty damn great.

Without Manning's name in your statement, their top four looks above average.

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,672 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm telling you. I'm a much better spectator than a lot of people on here. And I get a lot of trash for speaking the truth on my own team. I'm no homer!

People watching only sees the great catches made by Lafell but they never wonder why the kid always go invisible after making a great catch. If hes that great, he should be a constant threat for example in that Bucs game last year. He made the amazing 91 yds catch and after that he completely disappear.

you don't accumulate 600 yards receiving on a team with steve smith and greg olsen and jeremey shockey by never getting open. if he was as terrible as you insist his statline would be far, far lower.

#35 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Both of which are better than Godfrey.

How are you comparing a cb + a rb to Godfrey?

You wanna talk Godfrey, talk Rahim Moore. I'd take Godfrey over Moore. This is the kid who couldn't bench press 225 lbs in the combine but like 5xs

#36 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'm telling you. I'm a much better spectator than a lot of people on here. And I get a lot of trash for speaking the truth on my own team. I'm no homer!

People watching only sees the great catches made by Lafell but they never wonder why the kid always go invisible after making a great catch. If hes that great, he should be a constant threat for example in that Bucs game last year. He made the amazing 91 yds catch and after that he completely disappear.

It's the way you go about it. Constructive criticism is fine, but you have to be careful when talking about fan favorites.

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Our top four: Cam, Smitty, Gross and Beason. I'd take that as pretty damn great.

Without Manning's name in your statement, their top four looks above average.

I think it is great as well....

But currently, would your argue Manning isn't better than Newton, Clady isn't better than Gross?

Champ and Smitty is probably a slight Smitty edge. Beason and Miller a push.

That means Bronco top 4 wins. How do you view it?

Also, we can play the take player X out for Carolina as well....take Cam out you could say the same for the top 4.

#38 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

goes back to my thought Beason wouldn't be 100% to start the season.....which I was wrong about.

But big picture, I still Luke will be a better MLB.....if he turns out to be what he projects to be than Beason. That doesn't mean today, means down the road.

It just came across as you feeling the need to trash Beason to get your point across about Kuechly.

I personally didn't think the comparisons were fair to Kuechly or warranted, that's all.

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

It just came across as you feeling the need to trash Beason to get your point across about Kuechly.

I personally didn't think the comparisons were fair to Kuechly or warranted, that's all.

Meh, people always take it as me trashing players....it isn't what I am doing really though. People like to claim I bash Williams....but I am not.

Beason had question marks. He erased them. I am happy. I at least attempted to voice how giddy I was over a Luke and Beason combo at LB. I know that got lost in all that though.

a lot of it is just my posting style and focus a certain things....makes people think I view things more negatively than I really do big picture.

#40 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

How are you comparing a cb + a rb to Godfrey?

Easily, they are better players, the position doesn't matter.

It's the old, if you had to pick 1 of the 3 for your team who do you take. Godfrey would be last.

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

you don't accumulate 600 yards receiving on a team with steve smith and greg olsen and jeremey shockey by never getting open. if he was as terrible as you insist his statline would be far, far lower.

Last point about Lafell and then I'm going to let the season speak for itself. Keep my name on your list so if Lafell blossom, remember to rub it in my face after the season.

Okay my point: Dallas vs Giants last week, Ogletree 3rd WR with a offense that includes Dez, Austin, and Witten. Go look at what he did last week to a Giants D.

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Easily, they are better players, the position doesn't matter.

It's the old, if you had to pick 1 of the 3 for your team who do you take. Godfrey would be last.

LMFAO! Your point is ridiculous. Just admit it. I hate debating with people with little knowledge. Ttyl

#43 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,672 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Last point about Lafell and then I'm going to let the season speak for itself. Keep my name on your list so if Lafell blossom, remember to rub it in my face after the season.

Okay my point: Dallas vs Giants last week, Ogletree 3rd WR with a offense that includes Dez, Austin, and Witten. Go look at what he did last week to a Giants D.

yes because panthers = dallas and the bucs = the giants

hey guys brandon lafell is a poo receiver because i watched the rams game and danny amendola caught a pass

#44 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

You do realize that was the first game Ogletree did anything right?

And you know that Ogletree was in the league in 2009(a year before Lafell) and produced nothing right?

No, of course you didn't.

Lafell is a fine WR, he just isn't always the #2 option on a play. I would say don't let the #2 WR confuse you with the #2 option on a play, but I think that's too late.

#45 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

You are a clear homer if you think that we have more talent than Denver.

Denver has a better QB, Oline, Dline, Secondary and STs

We have better WRs and RBs

I think we are better. But I'm not a homer. Talent is good but if they can't play together it means nothing. I think we are better. I think we win a SB THIS year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com