Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan Stepping Away From Basketball Decisions

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Basically, Cho is running the show. Jordan will not interfere with his plan to build a championship team.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-09-10/michael-jordan-charlotte-bobcats-gm-rich-cho-coach-mike-dunlap-espn-magazine?eadid=EL/SICOM&sct=hp_t2_a13

Posted

This is the smart thing to do. As much as I idolized MJ growing up and love having him apart of the Bobcats, he need to take a backseat when it comes to basketball personnel.

Posted

Good cause he sucks at it.

Leave all of the dirty work to The Cho.

Posted

this is old news. like 5-6 months old

Posted

I figured he'd already stepped away when he was at a hockey game last season and his lowly bobcats we're close to establishing the worst team win percentage.

MJ admitting this is one of the best things I've heard him do since taking over the team.

Posted

I thought we wanted an owner that was involved? You know, a guy who's at every game, lives in the city, and "acts like he cares"?

Posted

He's been letting Cho do his thing for a while now, this is really just a public acknowledgement of it

Posted

I thought we wanted an owner that was involved? You know, a guy who's at every game, lives in the city, and "acts like he cares"?

He can be that without making basketball decisions. If all you know about basketball is what ESPN tells you, sure, Mark Cuban makes some decisions but it doesn't mean every owner is like that.

Posted

True, but that is a far cry from an owner who micro manages, has to make every basketball decision, and sucks at all of it.

You can be a very passionate and involved owner while leaving the personnel and basketball decisions to someone like Cho.....you know, a guy who ACTUALLY has a fuging clue what he is doing.

Jordan should sit in the stands and wave at fans...not evaluate talent and negotiate potential trades.

Posted

maybe he should publicly call out his star players so that they leave for a lucrative contract in chicago

Posted

Is there any chance Cho has a twin brother that can manage a professional football team?