Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team needs

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol, I meant Sammy Watkins... I don't even know who Sammy Morris is. It sounded right for some reason.

Sammy can't enter the draft yet...only a sophomore.

Posted

Gross and bell both played well...the Tampa defensive ends were nearly invisible all game

Posted

I still say we'll be competitive this year, but still one more draft away from being "contenders." Looking back in 3-4 years...the 2012 draft will be our most complete draft.

Posted

Superbowl teams don't talk draft in September.

Posted

Wow, well i just butchered that one. Either way, he's dirty. And we still need a DT, OG, and Safety... Of those three big needs, DT has to be our first round pick, the Edwards duo is undoubtedly a one year trial. Panthers safety's have potential to keep their jobs, but I think they will have to have a 180 from now, and that starts by putting Sherrod back at work with Charles and let them prove their worth to this team.

Posted

Exactly

Ever since last offseason we said our needs were RG, DT, CB, S. And right now they are still needs. It's like Hurney ignores them to spite the fans and pretend like he knows something that any other GM in the league doesn't when really he's just inadequate.

More revisionist history. Nobody was calling for a new RG last offseason, other than perhaps for depth. I remember this clearly for one reason...I made a post at the end of last year that said that Hangman had played poorly late in the year, and just about everyone came to his defense talking about how solid he was.

Posted

well we got Amini in the draft, so we did address a guard need...it would have been unrealistic to bring in 2 rookie guards in the draft...Hangman will be hangin it up after this season, (as starter anyway). He is better as a rotational/backup all purpose offensive lineman anyway.

Posted

S, CB, WR, OG, OT in no particular order

Posted

IMO, S, DT, OL. The DTs played well yesterday, but Ron will need replacing soon. I think we're good at WR for a while, unless somehow we're drafting high and have a chance at a really elite one. I think we could probably be most helped by spending our first pick on a FS. Can probably get an impact player with our 1st pick regardless of where it is.

RE: the comment about vet DTs outplaying our highly drafted DTs...when was the last time we spent a remotely high draft pick on a DT? The closest thing I can remember is Jenkins in the 2nd....I'd hardly call 3rd round picks "high draft picks".

Posted

If Hangartner gets abused again in the next game, we could try to kick Bell inside to Guard and start Bruce Campbell at RT?

Posted

Gettis and Stew healthy.

Clean pee for Neblett.

1 person likes this

Posted

More revisionist history. Nobody was calling for a new RG last offseason, other than perhaps for depth. I remember this clearly for one reason...I made a post at the end of last year that said that Hangman had played poorly late in the year, and just about everyone came to his defense talking about how solid he was.

You must not have read other people's posts outside of your thread