• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

well we got Amini in the draft, so we did address a guard need...it would have been unrealistic to bring in 2 rookie guards in the draft...Hangman will be hangin it up after this season, (as starter anyway). He is better as a rotational/backup all purpose offensive lineman anyway.

#32 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,549 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

S, CB, WR, OG, OT in no particular order

#33 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

IMO, S, DT, OL. The DTs played well yesterday, but Ron will need replacing soon. I think we're good at WR for a while, unless somehow we're drafting high and have a chance at a really elite one. I think we could probably be most helped by spending our first pick on a FS. Can probably get an impact player with our 1st pick regardless of where it is.

RE: the comment about vet DTs outplaying our highly drafted DTs...when was the last time we spent a remotely high draft pick on a DT? The closest thing I can remember is Jenkins in the 2nd....I'd hardly call 3rd round picks "high draft picks".

#34 Mainter

Mainter

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

If Hangartner gets abused again in the next game, we could try to kick Bell inside to Guard and start Bruce Campbell at RT?

#35 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Gettis and Stew healthy.

Clean pee for Neblett.

#36 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,455 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

More revisionist history. Nobody was calling for a new RG last offseason, other than perhaps for depth. I remember this clearly for one reason...I made a post at the end of last year that said that Hangman had played poorly late in the year, and just about everyone came to his defense talking about how solid he was.

You must not have read other people's posts outside of your thread

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,743 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

If Hangartner gets abused again in the next game, we could try to kick Bell inside to Guard and start Bruce Campbell at RT?

That is what I wanted before the season started.

Bell had good and bad at RT on Sun. He got beat....but so did our Pro Bowlers

#38 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

A stud WR to compliment 89, but I'll let Lafell or Murphy try to prove me wrong.

I can live with the two Edwards as our DT next year.

Not going to draft another Guard that that high next year.

Major need: DE, S, CB

#39 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

WR, DT, DE, S, OT, OG, CB no order.

#40 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

We need more starting running backs

we clearly don't have enough after watching the last game. Need at least 4 to have a good running game

how can you say that when our line backing corps is so weak?

#41 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

man after watching the Ravens defense last night, how nice would it be to stop the run at will? There is nothing more frustrating than seeing our D get ran on so badly. I swear our games are done in 2 hours cause the clock just ticks on by, and right once we wake up, its too late.

Let Drew Brees throw it around, he's going to get his anyway. But I would take our secondary the way it is now as long as we can get a badass defensive line.

Big ole DT would suit us nice...And if Hardy doesn't have a 5-8 sac season, best believe his job will be on the line.

#42 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

Nothing is blatantly clear after one game other than the offense needs to tighten up and the defense needs to stay healthy. Do you really want to jump to draft talk on game into the season?

#43 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

yea I was a little reluctant to bring up draft talk already, but seeing a rookie runningback take the Panthers D out back to the woodshed was a little disappointing to say the least...still a 10 win team, and it was a team loss, but I just think they should have been a little nastier than that; especially after being in Tampa all week to focus for the opening week game against a divisional opponent.

#44 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,622 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

yea I was a little reluctant to bring up draft talk already, but seeing a rookie runningback take the Panthers D out back to the woodshed was a little disappointing to say the least...still a 10 win team, and it was a team loss, but I just think they should have been a little nastier than that; especially after being in Tampa all week to focus for the opening week game against a divisional opponent.

That rookie hardly took the defense out back to the woodshed. He averaged like 3.5 yards per carry. That's pretty mediocre.

#45 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,251 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hangartner has to go!

Yes

Yes

And

Yes