Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norman

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ok, I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but

A. Norman cut his dreads.

B. Norman was our #2 corner, not Captain like previously announced.

Posted · Report post

The dreadless look for him actually makes him appear more threating and legit, it's a good look. And he looked decent yesterday, he obviously didn't fair well in certain situations seeing as how Rivera doesn't even know if he wants him to fuging start or not.

Things like that can throw your game off a little bit.

Posted · Report post

i was watching to see if they play him at CB2 only in the nickel when munnerlyn played the slot, but it seemed to me he was on the field even in the base set. someone with NFL rewind would have to go back and look to find out for sure.

the bucs have good receivers and a quarterback that can get them the ball. it's a credit to his abilities that he didn't get burnt, especially with a pass rush that looked pretty anemic at times.

Posted · Report post

i expect a health combo of norman and munnerlyn. 2a and 2b.

Posted · Report post

Gamble was getting beat by Williams a lot. Norman went against superstar Vincent Jackson most of the game and held him to 46 yards.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He was def containing VJax in the 1st half, and doing a decent job for a Rook

Posted · Report post

Yep, Norman definitely got the start, but Cap'n saw the field a lot. They actually had him covering V Jax for most of the game, and besides the PI he played great for a kid out of Coastal Carolina against a pro bowler in his first NFL start.

Posted · Report post

I wish he kept the dreads. And Gamble.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, the only BLOWN play in coverage was that TE pass and I credit that to a Nakamura fug up more so than Norman.

He played exceptionally well yesterday.

Posted · Report post

Wait till he settles in and starts jumping routes...Steal of the 2012 draft...
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rico6' timestamp='1347337436' post='1895436']
Yeah, the only BLOWN play in coverage was that TE pass and I [b]credit that to a Nakamura[/b] fug up more so than Norman.

[/quote]

You can't say that for sure as you don't know the assignments.....

He did play admirably when lined up against VJax though.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1347337280' post='1895429']
Gamble was getting beat by Williams a lot. Norman went against superstar Vincent Jackson most of the game and held him to 46 yards.
[/quote]

LOL .............. Dude Williams had 2 catches for 12 yards. I'd hardly consider that getting beat a lot.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23' timestamp='1347339582' post='1895474']

LOL .............. Dude Williams had 2 catches for 12 yards. I'd hardly consider that getting beat a lot.
[/quote]

And the catch that mattered he was wide open for a TD. The TD that ended being the difference between a win and a loss.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1347339838' post='1895477']

And the catch that mattered he was wide open for a TD. The TD that ended being the difference between a win and a loss.
[/quote]Not really if they would of settled for a field goal thatd be 12-10. Basic math bro.

Posted · Report post

Not my point

Posted · Report post

I thought that P.I. against him was bullshit.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1347339838' post='1895477']

[/quote]

Can you say for a fact that was totally on Gamble?

Do you know what coverage we were in?

I personally never seen Gamble play press coverage while in Man. So I would have to assume we were in cover 2, which if we were, that wasn't his fault.

What say you?

Posted · Report post

It was a touch foul that had no impact on the play, unlike the first interception where it looked to me LaFell was clearly interfered with.

Posted · Report post

Freeman didn't really do poo other than that touchdown drive. Our corners played fine.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23' timestamp='1347340131' post='1895487']

I personally never seen Gamble play press coverage while in Man. So I would have to assume we were in cover 2, which if we were, that wasn't his fault.

What say you?
[/quote]

Looking at it right now he was definitely pressing in the man. Nakamura should've been there to help but still, I expect my All-pro corner to shutdown Mike Williams...

I'm a huge Gamble fan, but the other pass he gave up was bad too, played way too far away from his man. And I can't recall the exact play, but there was a key tackle he should have made on third down and he went at the receiver really soft with one arm, giving up a first down.

This isn't a gamble hate thread though, It's a Josh Norman appreciation thread.

Posted · Report post

Other than an uninspired and slow start I have no real problems with the D.

O and ST's are another matter.

Norman will be good, I'm excited.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1347337203' post='1895426']
i was watching to see if they play him at CB2 only in the nickel when munnerlyn played the slot, but it seemed to me he was on the field even in the base set. someone with NFL rewind would have to go back and look to find out for sure.

the bucs have good receivers and a quarterback that can get them the ball. it's a credit to his abilities that he didn't get burnt, especially with a pass rush that looked pretty anemic at times.
[/quote]

His job was to cover Vjax. Anytime Vjax was on the field so was Norman. I am also willing to say Vjax eon that battle.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rico6' timestamp='1347337436' post='1895436']
Yeah, the only BLOWN play in coverage was that TE pass and I credit that to a Nakamura fug up more so than Norman.

[/quote]

That was not on Norman nor Naka it was on Beason. He got frozen by PA.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23' timestamp='1347340131' post='1895487']

What say you?
[/quote]

They were in zone coverage and it was on Gamble or a S. Vjax did his most damage when we played zone.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1347340201' post='1895488']
It was a touch foul that had no impact on the play, unlike the first interception where it looked to me LaFell was clearly interfered with.
[/quote]

If you Rewatch it you can clearly see a player on LaFells back when the pass gets to him. How that was not called is beyond me.

Sorry guys for the multiple posts but multi quote does not play nice with my phone.