Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norman

54 posts in this topic

Posted

It was a touch foul that had no impact on the play, unlike the first interception where it looked to me LaFell was clearly interfered with.

If you Rewatch it you can clearly see a player on LaFells back when the pass gets to him. How that was not called is beyond me.

Sorry guys for the multiple posts but multi quote does not play nice with my phone.

Posted

I was at the stadium.. between that one and the Smitty no PI near the 15 in the first half, I was livid. Even the Bucs fans around me were wondering where the flag was...

I wish the refs had called it a little more fair. Honestly felt a little like they were playing to the ferocity of the crowd. It was very loud for a stadium that was about 75% filled, and of those, 20% being Panther Fans. They did a good job of rocking that place, and even knew to shut up on O, and scream on D, which did affect our timing a lot.

Posted

The refs will literally change the outcomes of every game this season.

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought that P.I. against him was bullshit.

That should never have been a PI call. It looked like Josh was holding him in the 1st 10 yards of the route and then just ran with him. So it shouldn't have been a PI spot of the foul call, but a defensive holding, 5 yards and an automatic 1st down.

1 person likes this

Posted

And the catch that mattered he was wide open for a TD. The TD that ended being the difference between a win and a loss.

And that catch we were in Zone not man, wasnt Gambles responsibility.

Posted

That's my boy! I told ya'll.

Now, if Donny Moore's dumb self would upgrade his speed on Madden. 85 is unacceptable.

Posted

plus the ball was uncatchable.and that TD play we appeared to be in a zone and Gamble passed him off expecting the FS to be there.but he wasnt.

Posted

And that catch we were in Zone not man, wasnt Gambles responsibility.

Watched the game on NFLRewind. Play action pass, the LB's got suckered in on what looked like zone coverage. Didn't look like gamble should have been anywhere near it. Not his fault.

Posted

Norman did a good job with a tough assignment on Jackson. He got beat a few times, but it happens to established vets. Neither of the Bucs starting WR's were a huge factor after the one TD. A combined, what, 57 yards?

Notice also that Captain looked a lot better as a nickel guy as well. If Norman can keep the starting spot locked down it'll have a big ripple effect through the entire defense. I don't expect he'll be perfect, obviously. He'll get beat some, but anytime you can get a quality starting corner in the 5th round that's a good deal.

Posted

Awesome research, panther4life. Much appreciated. I don't always have full confidence in PFF's stats, but as much so as anywhere else I guess. What you posted aligns with my own perception of the game.

Posted

I want to see more man coverage, It's just too easy to throw in between zone playing LB's. We had 8 in coverage on 3rd and long, and Freeman found a wide opened VJ. We converted a 3rd and long to Lafell as well when Tampa decided to rush 3, and put 8 in coverage. There's nothing that burns me more, and the Saints* will covert a lot of 3rd downs if we do the same.

If the coaching staff don't walk away with a game plan of pressuring the hell out of Brees, after looking at the game tape of that Redskins/Saints* game, I'll be extremely pissed. The Redskins got after brees and kept him on his toes.

I hope to God we don't allow Brees to dink and dunk us all the way down field like he did on his final drive in BofA last year, hoping to only give up 3pts instead of a TD.