Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Bwood

Josh Norman

54 posts in this topic

plus the ball was uncatchable.and that TD play we appeared to be in a zone and Gamble passed him off expecting the FS to be there.but he wasnt.

And that catch we were in Zone not man, wasnt Gambles responsibility.

Watched the game on NFLRewind. Play action pass, the LB's got suckered in on what looked like zone coverage. Didn't look like gamble should have been anywhere near it. Not his fault.

Norman did a good job with a tough assignment on Jackson. He got beat a few times, but it happens to established vets. Neither of the Bucs starting WR's were a huge factor after the one TD. A combined, what, 57 yards?

Notice also that Captain looked a lot better as a nickel guy as well. If Norman can keep the starting spot locked down it'll have a big ripple effect through the entire defense. I don't expect he'll be perfect, obviously. He'll get beat some, but anytime you can get a quality starting corner in the 5th round that's a good deal.

Awesome research, panther4life. Much appreciated. I don't always have full confidence in PFF's stats, but as much so as anywhere else I guess. What you posted aligns with my own perception of the game.

I want to see more man coverage, It's just too easy to throw in between zone playing LB's. We had 8 in coverage on 3rd and long, and Freeman found a wide opened VJ. We converted a 3rd and long to Lafell as well when Tampa decided to rush 3, and put 8 in coverage. There's nothing that burns me more, and the Saints* will covert a lot of 3rd downs if we do the same.

If the coaching staff don't walk away with a game plan of pressuring the hell out of Brees, after looking at the game tape of that Redskins/Saints* game, I'll be extremely pissed. The Redskins got after brees and kept him on his toes.

I hope to God we don't allow Brees to dink and dunk us all the way down field like he did on his final drive in BofA last year, hoping to only give up 3pts instead of a TD.

Norman looked awesome Sunday. He is only going to get better and better. I like that he has that chipiness as well. We all think of him as a small school guy, which he is but he was also recruited heavily by team like Alabama, Florida and other major football schools.

1 person likes this

Awesome research, panther4life. Much appreciated. I don't always have full confidence in PFF's stats, but as much so as anywhere else I guess. What you posted aligns with my own perception of the game.

their stats are top notch and probably the best there are.

it's what they do with those stats that is questionable.

Freeman didn't really do poo other than that touchdown drive. Our corners played fine.

our dline turned it up a notch in the second half. that could have something to do with good coverage as well.