53 replies to this topic

#16 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

I thought that P.I. against him was bullshit.

#17 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

And the catch that mattered he was wide open for a TD. The TD that ended being the difference between a win and a loss.

Can you say for a fact that was totally on Gamble?

Do you know what coverage we were in?

I personally never seen Gamble play press coverage while in Man. So I would have to assume we were in cover 2, which if we were, that wasn't his fault.

What say you?

#18 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,849 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

It was a touch foul that had no impact on the play, unlike the first interception where it looked to me LaFell was clearly interfered with.

#19 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Freeman didn't really do poo other than that touchdown drive. Our corners played fine.

#20 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

I personally never seen Gamble play press coverage while in Man. So I would have to assume we were in cover 2, which if we were, that wasn't his fault.

What say you?

Looking at it right now he was definitely pressing in the man. Nakamura should've been there to help but still, I expect my All-pro corner to shutdown Mike Williams...

I'm a huge Gamble fan, but the other pass he gave up was bad too, played way too far away from his man. And I can't recall the exact play, but there was a key tackle he should have made on third down and he went at the receiver really soft with one arm, giving up a first down.

This isn't a gamble hate thread though, It's a Josh Norman appreciation thread.

#21 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,849 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Other than an uninspired and slow start I have no real problems with the D.

O and ST's are another matter.

Norman will be good, I'm excited.

#22 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

i was watching to see if they play him at CB2 only in the nickel when munnerlyn played the slot, but it seemed to me he was on the field even in the base set. someone with NFL rewind would have to go back and look to find out for sure.

the bucs have good receivers and a quarterback that can get them the ball. it's a credit to his abilities that he didn't get burnt, especially with a pass rush that looked pretty anemic at times.

His job was to cover Vjax. Anytime Vjax was on the field so was Norman. I am also willing to say Vjax eon that battle.

#23 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, the only BLOWN play in coverage was that TE pass and I credit that to a Nakamura fug up more so than Norman.

He played exceptionally well yesterday.

That was not on Norman nor Naka it was on Beason. He got frozen by PA.

#24 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

What say you?

They were in zone coverage and it was on Gamble or a S. Vjax did his most damage when we played zone.

#25 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

It was a touch foul that had no impact on the play, unlike the first interception where it looked to me LaFell was clearly interfered with.

If you Rewatch it you can clearly see a player on LaFells back when the pass gets to him. How that was not called is beyond me.

Sorry guys for the multiple posts but multi quote does not play nice with my phone.

#26 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

I was at the stadium.. between that one and the Smitty no PI near the 15 in the first half, I was livid. Even the Bucs fans around me were wondering where the flag was...

I wish the refs had called it a little more fair. Honestly felt a little like they were playing to the ferocity of the crowd. It was very loud for a stadium that was about 75% filled, and of those, 20% being Panther Fans. They did a good job of rocking that place, and even knew to shut up on O, and scream on D, which did affect our timing a lot.

#27 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

The refs will literally change the outcomes of every game this season.

#28 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

I thought that P.I. against him was bullshit.

That should never have been a PI call. It looked like Josh was holding him in the 1st 10 yards of the route and then just ran with him. So it shouldn't have been a PI spot of the foul call, but a defensive holding, 5 yards and an automatic 1st down.

#29 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

And the catch that mattered he was wide open for a TD. The TD that ended being the difference between a win and a loss.

And that catch we were in Zone not man, wasnt Gambles responsibility.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

That's my boy! I told ya'll.

Now, if Donny Moore's dumb self would upgrade his speed on Madden. 85 is unacceptable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com