• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,828 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

I like that. Good to see he's doing his homework.

Let's see some results on the field now Norman.

if he does his job right you probably wouldn't notice.

i'm hoping that he gets targeted very little by brees. brees will probably test him out, though. i just hope that he regrets it early and is constantly forced to look elsewhere.

#47 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

#48 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Norman was getting abused by V. Jax most of the 1st half, it was almost painful to watch. But im not too worried since he is a rookie. V Jax had 46 yards, yes, i understand. But everytime I watched the matchup Jax was open a good majority of the time. 2nd half he looked better as he settled in. PI was bull. that is all.

#49 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,828 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Norman was getting abused by V. Jax most of the 1st half, it was almost painful to watch. But im not too worried since he is a rookie. V Jax had 46 yards, yes, i understand. But everytime I watched the matchup Jax was open a good majority of the time. 2nd half he looked better as he settled in. PI was bull. that is all.

vjax only caught 2 passes when norman was covering him and that was for 22 yards. jackson caught one when beason had him (for 4 yards) and another when nakumara was covering him (21 yards).

i wouldn't consider that getting abused. in fact norman wasn't targeted very much at all regardless of who he was covering and didn't do bad at all when he was targeted.
panther4life shows the break down here:

Norman def. got the start and was our official # 2.

Heres some pff stats for those interested.

Gamble 67 snaps
Norman 50 snaps
Munnerlyn 34 snaps

Norman allowed 3 catches on 3 targets for 28 yards- 1 vs Mike williams for 6 yards and 2 against v-jax for 22 yards.
Gamble allowed 1 catch on on 4 targets for 6 yards-Williams caught 1 of 2 for 6 yards, v-jax was 0-2 againt Gamble
Munnerlyn allowed 1 catch on 3 targets for 2 yards- Doug martin got the reception, parker and v-jax both went 0-1

The rest came against linebackers and safeties
Anderson was allowed 3 catches on 3 targets for 12 yards
Kuechly allowed 3 catches on 3 targets for 31 yards-Lorig was 2 for 2 for 20 yards and Martin was 1-1 for 11 yards
Beason allowed 1 catch on 1 target for for 4 yards V-Jax got the reception for 4 yards
Davis allowed 1 catch on 1 target for -1 yard-Lorig got the reception but Davis dropped him for a loss of 1 yard

Godfrey allowed 2 catches on 2 targets for 35 yards-Clark 1-1 for 33 yards and Blount 1-1 for 2 yards
Nakumara allowed 1 catch on 1 target for 21 yards-This single reception/target went to V-jax for 21 yards

Tampa's first pick Barron gave up 91 yards btw
65 to Lafell who caught 3 of 3 targets against him and Olsen caught 2 of 3 targets against him for 26 yards
Murphy was 0-1 for against him. All that combined gave Cam a 153.3 passer rating when targeting Barron

#50 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

I understand your stats. But I'm saying that Norman was consistently getting beat by v.jax even when he wasn't targeted.

#51 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

I understand your stats. But I'm saying that Norman was consistently getting beat by v.jax even when he wasn't targeted.

What???

#52 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

LOL yeah he sure was getting beat a lot. 4 catches in one game is a lot. 2 of those were against Norman.

Did Norman give up a TD or a game changing catch??

#53 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

our dline turned it up a notch in the second half. that could have something to do with good coverage as well.

It shouldn't take an entire half of getting our asses kicked for them to turn it up...

Play a solid game from start to finish. That's what the good teams do.

#54 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

It shouldn't take an entire half of getting our asses kicked for them to turn it up...

Play a solid game from start to finish. That's what the good teams do.

brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.