Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HardcoreDefense

Helmet to Helmet or Clean Hit on Smith?

66 posts in this topic

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Just good tackling in my book. Looks like he was using more of his shoulder and the helmet just came along for the ride.

helmet to helmet AND out of bounds

Good hit.

If the tables were reversed this forum would be covered in gifs of the hit and people trying to put our guy in the Hall of Fame.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. Good hit though. If Smith had been injured we'd probably be looking at it differently. Luckily he bounced right up and started talking poo.

Good hit, he was a runner and not defenseless. RBs take comparable ones all the time

I don't think Barron should have been penalized for it. Both players lowered thier heads and just happened to hit helmets.

It was definitely a scary collision though that could have ended badly.

It was but I didn't mind the no call. I mean Smith lowered his head too.

I don't think Barron should have been penalized for it. Both players lowered thier heads and just happened to hit helmets.

It was definitely a scary collision though that could have ended badly.

Penalized him for what? Smith wasn't a defenseless WR....he was a just a runner at that point. That means it is perfectly legal to blast Smith with his helmet.

they mostly call it on defenseless recievers but smitty looked shaken up. He usually gets up and screams after taking hits and that one he didn't say anything. Also the hit smitty took from meriweather last year was worse IMO and should have been helmet to helmet

Nothing wrong with that hit... they only hit helmet-to-helmet because the both lowered their shoulders to brace for the impact... you'll never stop having plays like this in tackle football unless you stop playing tackle football.

I was honestly surprised that SS was able to get up as quickly as he did... you could tell he was shaken by it, but he is one tough mofo... majority of NFL players would not have stood up after that hit.

If Baron is fined for that hit, I'll be pissed because it ain't right.

Looked like a clean hit to me.