18 replies to this topic

#1 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

There's a process to dealing with these kinds of crushing defeats. It's a process all of us go through. It's like grieving over the death of a loved one, only much more devastating. The traditional five stage of grief are as follows:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

This model doesn't work for dealing football grief. For one thing, there is NEVER acceptance. As a fan, you can't simply accept losing. That would make you a total pussy. Here are the adjusted five stages of grief as it pertains to horrible football defeats.

1. ANGER.
fug! God fuging dammit! I WILL BLOW UP THE STADIUM BANE STYLE I SWEAR TO fuging GOD. poo! fug! Ass! Cock!

(cry angry tears)

THESE ARE TEARS OF ANGER!

(throws remote against wall)

(sees remote is broken)

fug!

(sees wife walk in, perplexed as to why you threw the remote against the wall and broke it)

DON'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING TO ME RIGHT NOW, WOMAN. I'LL fuging REPLACE IT.

Okay, I'm sorry I called you, "woman." Wait, where are you going? Can't we just talk about this?

2. DENIAL
We gave it to them! WE fuging GAVE IT TO THEM! They did not deserve to win that game! They did not win it. We LOST it. They got lucky! Statistically, we were CLEARLY the better team. THE REFS WERE fuging BIASED. Roger Goodell and the league office wanted the other team to prevail to help goose ratings and/or prop up an ailing TV market. That was not a legitimate win! If we make that field goal, we win. If player X doesn't get hurt, we win. If we had a fatter defensive line to stop that mediocre running back, we win. If something that did happen that obviously should not have happened does not happen, we win. In any other alternate universe, WE ARE RIGHTFUL CHAMPIONS.

(NOTE: Fans of the 2007 Patriots are still on this stage.)

3. IDLE DEMANDS
THAT'S fuging IT! I've had enough of everyone involved with playing for this team, coaching it, owning it, coordinating air and ground transport for it. I want them ALL fired. All of them. Every last one. I don't care that replacing an entire roster and coaching staff is a painstaking and inexact process that could do more harm than good. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE THE fuging FALL FOR THIS poo! Or else I am DONE with this team. D-O-N-E. Forever. Completely done. No longer a fan. I SWEAR I'LL FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THIS.

(calls talk radio station and repeats demands)

(goes on team message board, reiterates demands)

(Hugs Team jersey saying he's sorry and will never leave you)

4. QUESTIONING
Why? Why, God? Why must you allow something like this to happen? I've been good to you. I wash my hands on occasion. I only masturbated in front of the babysitter twice, which was downright restrained given her incredible rack. Why must you do this? DO YOU EVEN EXIST?

5. INDIFFERENCE
fug it, what else is on?

If you're a veteran of this process as I am, you can go from Step 1 directly to Step 5. And in only just a few short minutes. Pfft. fug them. They're toast. Bastards.

#2 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

lol

I don't throw the remote. I bang on the refrigerator door as I go for the next drink.

#3 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

I usually just watch the game, since I'm not a baby.

#4 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,443 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yeah I think you left out all the drinking. Had to be at work at 11 on Monday and almost didn't make it..

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

i just get over it and move on.

i try to limit the bitching, whining, and moaning. doesn't do any good.

#6 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Considering how many times the Panthers have disappointed my expectations, I should just expect a loss every week. That way if they win, I'm overjoyed. If they lose, I'm indifferent because the team merely did what I expected them to do.

#7 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,519 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

i just get over it and move on.

i try to limit the bitching, whining, and moaning. doesn't do any good.

If only half the huddle was like this..

#8 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

I have one stage:

1) "Well, that sucked."

I don't understand why everyone needs to take this poo so seriously.

#9 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,994 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

we've already had this thread

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

I have one stage:

1) "Well, that sucked."

I don't understand why everyone needs to take this poo so seriously.

same here only it comes with a shrug, a couple excedrin, and then my finger hitting the remote or my head hitting the pillow on the couch as i take a nap.

it's just not that big of a deal...esp. this early in the season and with the team building the way it is.

i'd like for it to reach it's potential right now, but it's not completely necessary. this is still a young team with a great new QB and a very young and promising coaching staff. we're in good shape going forward. a bump or two in the road like we just had a couple days ago isn't that big of a deal.

#11 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,198 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Some of you actually throw things or punch things? Jesus.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I have accepted the fact I have no control over anything the Panthers do or have done. That is my acceptance and I don't smell like a pussay.

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I have accepted the fact I have no control over anything the Panthers do or have done. That is my acceptance and I don't smell like a pussay.

#14 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I learned a long time ago not to care about poo I can't control. If there's nothing I can do to fix it then why should I worry about it.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,217 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Well guess I'm definetly still at Stage 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.