Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watch the Game Again

62 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree!. With all that being said, we only lost by 6 points. They game was still winnable. I won't lie, it hurt to lose to the Bucs (my buc friend is annoying) but I did see a few positives. Chud will call a better game sunday and I expect us to bring it!

Posted

I didn't watch it twice, but I got the impression Sunday that Cam took it upon himself to "do it all" in a sense, and that's what led to those forced passes that ended in interceptions. You're right he's got to learn to be more patient, even when things aren't going great. A FG is ok, and a punt is way, way better than an INT.

Posted

I could go download it, but I don't want to watch it again

I don't.... I want to forget about it. On to the Saints*

Posted

As bad as we played we still could have won it....but starting off 0-2 is gonna be a killer because I don't know if we can beat the Saints*, at least it's at home

Posted

In short: An 8-8/9-7 team looked like an 8-8/9-7 team.

I think the big reason people are freaking out is because it was Tampa. As some on here pointed out before the game, this isn't the same squad as we faced at the end of last season. They're a lot more talented on both sides of the ball and, most importantly, they haven't given up.

We could have put Clausen on the field against Tampa at the end of last year and we would have won by two touchdowns. This year hopefully we figure it out and split with them. They certainly didn't look unbeatable, and we certainly didn't look hopeless.

Week 1 folks. It's gonna be a fun ride.

1 person likes this

Posted

What Del said and what I am sticking with. Average team between 7-9 to 9-7.

Posted

Interesting how the same tards who thought they were the same team as last year are the same ones who rabidly defend Hurney and the front office for not actively participating in free agency!

"LYK zomg I'm so tired of you guys saying that adding talent in free agency helps your team!!! Hurney said it isn't and he is the expert and you are not!!! Rawrr!!!"

It was a different Tampa team. That was apparent to anyone paying attention prior to the game. Anybody kidding themselves into thinking they weren't because they didn't go through a torturous five year process (waste of time) of team building and because Tampa participated in the horrid, sacrilegious act of free agency is just as delusional as... Well. Marty Hurney.

Posted

I don't think that we're a bad team, we just have a few holes that were overlooked.

DE - we knew we needed more pass rush and all we got was F. Alexander

CB - we know that we did not have a #2 CB and we passed on every FA CB that came available and picked up Norman in the 5th

DT - we needed a DT, but other than Melvin and Brockers, I didn't think any of them deserved a 1st round pick or at least 9th overall

In addition to this, our defensive scheme isn''t working. Yes we held the Bucs to 16 points, but they're the Bucs. I'd start by replacing McDermott as soon as the season is over.

Posted

First, I think the OP's analysis was spot on.

Second, for those wanting McDermott gone after a game in which we had a horrible offensive game plan, please explain your reasoning. If you want to call for heads to roll, you'd have to start with Chud this week.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think that we're a bad team, we just have a few holes that were overlooked.

DE - we knew we needed more pass rush and all we got was F. Alexander

CB - we know that we did not have a #2 CB and we passed on every FA CB that came available and picked up Norman in the 5th

DT - we needed a DT, but other than Melvin and Brockers, I didn't think any of them deserved a 1st round pick or at least 9th overall

In addition to this, our defensive scheme isn''t working. Yes we held the Bucs to 16 points, but they're the Bucs. I'd start by replacing McDermott as soon as the season is over.

On paper it sounds like you're making a good point, but based on game 1, I can't agree.

DE - number 90 had two key deflections, and I think he may be starting by the end of the year. He dropped because of a heart condition that turned out to be a false alarm. Don't sleep on the young man.

CB - And how has Norman played so far? Except for a questionable PI call, he had a great game. Sounds like a steal in the 5th to me.

DT - I'd like to introduce you to Edwards & Edwards DT at law. One of them had 2 sacks on his first game as a Panther FYI.

You may be proven right on future outings, but for this game at least, defense did not lose us this one.

2 people like this

Posted

Interesting how the same tards who thought they were the same team as last year are the same ones who rabidly defend Hurney and the front office for not actively participating in free agency!

"LYK zomg I'm so tired of you guys saying that adding talent in free agency helps your team!!! Hurney said it isn't and he is the expert and you are not!!! Rawrr!!!"

It was a different Tampa team. That was apparent to anyone paying attention prior to the game. Anybody kidding themselves into thinking they weren't because they didn't go through a torturous five year process (waste of time) of team building and because Tampa participated in the horrid, sacrilegious act of free agency is just as delusional as... Well. Marty Hurney.

Last year's Bucs didn't get blown out due to lack of talent. They had given up on their coach.

1 person likes this