Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redbuddha

The problem Maybe Chud...

56 posts in this topic

You can't blame coaches when players are failing to execute.

The coaches teach, it's up to the players to execute what is taught.

Even Tom Brady has bad days when his Oline isnt playing well.

I watched the 1st series on game rewind and this is what I noticed.

DB always had their eyes in the backfield, expecting a run. On the 1st running play there was inside pressure, but Talib broke off of Murphy and tackled Williams for the loss. I mean Murphy didnt even block barely he just let Talib free.

2nd play was a pass to Olsen that was a 1st down, good pass blocking. Cam had to time to hit Olsen in the middle of the field.

3rd play was a running play that Silatolu got man handle, and McCoy got the TFL, we chose to run towards the side we had 2 WR lined up at, but also the inside DB that was covering the slot had his eyes in the backfield the whole time and rushed in, WR didnt even get a good block on him either. Kalil also blocked towards Hangmans side before he went to help Silatolu was was getting manhandled.

4th play was a drop by Olsen that would have gave us 3rd and short.

5th play was a bomb to Smith that was incomplete.

Tampa came to stop the run and force Cam to throw. Our oline didnt do a good job blocking and neither did the WR's. No way and hell a WR shouldve allowed the DB to come off the edge and get a hand on the RB and know way should we have been allowing DT's 3 yards past the LOS making plays.

The Oline sucked and the WR sucked at pass blocking also.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but after watching some of the other NFL games this weekend, I sure do miss lining up under center and playing with a fullback.

Chud gets lots of credit here (deservedly) when our offense is rolling.

He should not be held free of blame when he puts together a game plan that appeared flawed. At least for the first game, we opted for more 3 wide minimum protection sets than was typical last year. It didn't work, nor did we adjust much as the game went on. It was like watching the Martz offense, so it was ironic he was the play-by-play guy for the broadcast.

The o-line was manhandled. Some of it was poor individual play. Some of it was Tampa taking advantage of a scheme that wasn't working.

It will be interesting to see how the offense evolves as we go through the year, and how protection schemes make our o-line look good one week and poor the next.

1 person likes this

Seeing how bad our O line played we beed to focus more on dink and dunk passes and short slot passes to move the chains.

Seeing how bad our O line played we beed to focus more on dink and dunk passes and short slot passes to move the chains.

sometimes i think that running a more conventional offense would be better for the team. the abundance of option plays that didnt work on sunday were pathetic. i appreciate chud's creativity, i am just wondering about his ability to adjust the gameplan.

1 person likes this

I question the oline coaches ability to make adjustments with our guys.

Our guys don't suck, but they sure did Sunday.

Why was there no answer to the bucs defense scheme as the game went on.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again here. I was jealous watching the San Fran and Green Bay game. SF runs an efficient pro style offense that keeps their D well rested.

I was really jealous watching Foxy and the Broncos beat the Steelers. (Both with good efficient pro style offenses.)

I think out o-lines strength is run blocking. Our game plan doesn't utilize it.

We have too many great running backs to abandon the run.

Cam is too good of a quarterback to be running this gimmicky college offense. I understand last year, but it's time to take off the training wheels.

This type of offense only won us 6 games last year and it only won Denver 8.

I don't miss Foxball, but I'd prefer something in between that and what we have now.

We are pass heavy because our offensive line is ass. It's not 2008 anymore.

Yes, blame Chud for abandoning the run, but blame the O-line just as much for crushing the guy's spirit. The line looked absolutely hopeless on Sunday. Calling up a run play was basically us giving up a down.

I agree. Kalil is good, Gross is in decline but average. The others are backups. This is what happens when you draft poorly