Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The problem Maybe Chud...

56 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not sure I would go that far, but after watching some of the other NFL games this weekend, I sure do miss lining up under center and playing with a fullback.

Posted

Chud gets lots of credit here (deservedly) when our offense is rolling.

He should not be held free of blame when he puts together a game plan that appeared flawed. At least for the first game, we opted for more 3 wide minimum protection sets than was typical last year. It didn't work, nor did we adjust much as the game went on. It was like watching the Martz offense, so it was ironic he was the play-by-play guy for the broadcast.

The o-line was manhandled. Some of it was poor individual play. Some of it was Tampa taking advantage of a scheme that wasn't working.

It will be interesting to see how the offense evolves as we go through the year, and how protection schemes make our o-line look good one week and poor the next.

1 person likes this

Posted

Seeing how bad our O line played we beed to focus more on dink and dunk passes and short slot passes to move the chains.

Posted

Seeing how bad our O line played we beed to focus more on dink and dunk passes and short slot passes to move the chains.

Posted

sometimes i think that running a more conventional offense would be better for the team. the abundance of option plays that didnt work on sunday were pathetic. i appreciate chud's creativity, i am just wondering about his ability to adjust the gameplan.

1 person likes this

Posted

I question the oline coaches ability to make adjustments with our guys.

Our guys don't suck, but they sure did Sunday.

Why was there no answer to the bucs defense scheme as the game went on.

Posted

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again here. I was jealous watching the San Fran and Green Bay game. SF runs an efficient pro style offense that keeps their D well rested.

I was really jealous watching Foxy and the Broncos beat the Steelers. (Both with good efficient pro style offenses.)

I think out o-lines strength is run blocking. Our game plan doesn't utilize it.

We have too many great running backs to abandon the run.

Cam is too good of a quarterback to be running this gimmicky college offense. I understand last year, but it's time to take off the training wheels.

This type of offense only won us 6 games last year and it only won Denver 8.

I don't miss Foxball, but I'd prefer something in between that and what we have now.

Posted

We are pass heavy because our offensive line is ass. It's not 2008 anymore.

Yes, blame Chud for abandoning the run, but blame the O-line just as much for crushing the guy's spirit. The line looked absolutely hopeless on Sunday. Calling up a run play was basically us giving up a down.

I agree. Kalil is good, Gross is in decline but average. The others are backups. This is what happens when you draft poorly

Posted

We are pass heavy because our offensive line is ass. It's not 2008 anymore.

Yes, blame Chud for abandoning the run, but blame the O-line just as much for crushing the guy's spirit. The line looked absolutely hopeless on Sunday. Calling up a run play was basically us giving up a down.

We are pass heavy with on OL built to still run....

Asking them to pass block and letting downfield routes to develop all game isn't playing to their strength.

Hurney and Chud are on different pages

Posted

Read the OP....but fuging really? ONE fuging game and the huddle freaks the fug out. Sure, I should expect it by now, but goddamn people. This place makes me sick after a loss.

1 person likes this

Posted

BucsJailbreak.gif

Posted

So explain to me again how Cam's opening day losses are evidence that Chud is the problem because RG3 won his opener? LOL