Photo
- - - - -

The problem Maybe Chud...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

BTW, I hate this idea of attributing wins and losses to a QB... it's a total team sport.

RG3 didn't beat the Saints*, the Redskins beat the Saints*.

Cam didn't lose to the Bucs, the Panthers lost to the Bucs.

#26 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

BTW, I hate this idea of attributing wins and losses to a QB... it's a total team sport.

RG3 didn't beat the Saints****, the Redskins beat the Saints****.

Cam didn't lose to the Bucs, the Panthers lost to the Bucs.

Thank you.

We lose and everyone starts pointing fingers. Every part of the team made mistakes Sunday. The offense, the defense, special teams, and the coaching staff. Everyone contributed, some more than others though.

My overall take from the game:

We just got punched in the mouth. We didn't expect what Tampa brought and we could never fully adjust to it on the offensive side of the ball. Cam didn't play spectacular but considering the lack of protection and running game, he did good. The defense did well in their adjustments and finished strong.

The season isn't doomed because of this loss. We still have a lot of talent on the team and they believe in themselves. I expect them to move on and focus on the Saints** and play a close game.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Brian Murphy is the problem.
McDermott is the Problem.
RR is the problem.
Hurney is the problem.
JR is the problem.

#28 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

I WANT YOUR OPINION FELLAS. QUOTE ME

I think we were off tempo from the begining. We were playing a team tough to gameplan against, also being placed in an un familiar place to prepare. We got down early and our offense was limited in possesion time.

I just feel that we are using our personel incorrectly. Put a fullback in front of DW and the guy can produce.. When we try to run out of shotgun the Oline just cant get that serge. Plus play action would be deadly, especially with Cam. When we constantly run out of shot gun we take that dimension away and we become fairely predictable.
Its like chud is trying to be tricky. We have the personel to run the ball, so quit trying to hide it and impose our will and pound that damn rock!!

#29 redbuddha

redbuddha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I don't know a lot about football, nor do I claim to be an expert, I shoot a lot of sports, and just like Zod, I get a feel for the game. I watched that same offensive coordinator make the same mistakes for 5 years, the coaches left and went to a bigger school, and that offense got exposed, getting the offensive coordinator fired. He made the same mistakes in the next league.

I personally think it is just trying to be too cute. Trying to hide what we are going to do, not trying to show too much, we looked bad most of the preseason, and this first game just continues that trend.

The Jets who showed nothing this preseason, busted out with a high point scoring strategy. The Falcons scored a lot in preseason and continued that trend in the first game.

I am not trying to fire Chud, but I want you all to look objectively at what you saw in the Titans game last season and this preseason, and tell me that you were hoping for more of the same. Our most exciting drive this preseason, was a Clausen to Murphy touchdown. We were competitive last season, when they claim Cam knew only some of the playbook he broke records; know with full knowledge of the playbook, we rush for 10 yards.

Something smells fishy. Fox and his offensive coordinator have gone thru Orton, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and now Manning, and have seemingly changed their offense 3 different times to accommodate each qb's style.

If you look at cam's numbers in college and in the pro's most of his wins came when he passed for less than 20 times a game. It's not about attempts with Cam its about efficiency.

Just think about it!

Food for thought, Our offense is ranked #22nd in total yards and our defense is ranked #5th.

#30 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yep, Cam an make mindblowingy good throws. Chud wants Cam throwing 30-35times, running 8....and being the entire O. He asks too much....eventually bad things happen.

Once Chud realizes this one man offense he is riding only generates stats and not wins....we will be better. or Chud just leaves. We need to run and let them be playmakers and let C do his part...

But I disagree with many...I don't think he is a genius. I think Chuds approach has been lazy. (bash me if you want)....for the most part Chud's master plan has been for Cam to do just about everything. I get the temptation

#31 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

If you saw what Rivera was saying before the season he was telling players to pick up the pace. To keep pushing and not to be lax. He said we needed to come out and play like it was the post season and have a fast start. It seems the Players were over confident and didnt think they had to work for every win. Well they got punched in the mouth.

#32 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

I didn't like the play calling in the game, but it doesn't matter, cause the oline couldn't execute their blocks.

Makes the play calling a moot point as of right now.

#33 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

I didn't like the play calling in the game, but it doesn't matter, cause the oline couldn't execute their blocks.

Makes the play calling a moot point as of right now.

You don't think the play calling had something to do with their inability to handle a team pass rushing all game? The fact we were essentially 4 wide most of the game? The fact our WRs were running deep routes? The fact were trying to go deep over and over?

Not to mention the DL knowing the snap practically all game bc of Chud's formation he was determined to run all game?

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

This place has become a caricature of itself in how fast it will turn on the very people thought to be near gods a week ago at this time.

Exactly. It sPeaks to the mental age of most posters here.

Biggest group of bipolar individuals I have ever seen.

#35 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

You don't think the play calling had something to do with their inability to handle a team pass rushing all game? The fact we were essentially 4 wide most of the game? The fact our WRs were running deep routes? The fact were trying to go deep over and over?

Not to mention the DL knowing the snap practically all game bc of Chud's formation he was determined toto run all game?

all deep routes?

Just stop now.

#36 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

all deep routes?

Just stop now.

Yeah, take that in the literal sense...<insert eye roll>

Fact remains a higher percentage of his throws were to 20+ yard routes than any QB attempts in 2012 and 2011.....

He was throwing those routes at such an absurd percentage bc that what Chud was calling heavily. Barber spied the RB for screens and Chud sent everyone else downfield for the most part.

Doesn't mean there aren't factual examples of a short route being run, smarty. That would be like someone claiming they foolishly only tried to run out of the shotgun.....and you counter calling them a liar bc DWill attempted a single run with Cam under C.