Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

366 posts in this topic

Carter lost the Shah of Iran...Obama loses Egypt.

Not saying either prior dictator was a pleasant person or something we should be proud of, but they weren't burning down our s**t.

So then you're saying that you would have rather the president supported the oppression of a "populist uprising" by a seated dictator? You commie you!

So then you're saying that you would have rather the president supported the oppression of a "populist uprising" by a seated dictator? You commie you!

There was never a win-win in that situation. But saying you've lost an ally in the region...where does that stand in diplomatic relations with any country.

oh weee mayne. Does this mean they attacked our consulate/embassy because we're weak?

Oh no we lost Egypt as an ally? What will we ever do without their... cotton? I cant think of anything else useful from there

Oh no we lost Egypt as an ally? What will we ever do without their... cotton? I cant think of anything else useful from there

We might actually save $3 billion dollars in aid

There was never a win-win in that situation. But saying you've lost an ally in the region...where does that stand in diplomatic relations with any country.

Well we know that G5 would rather support the oppression and murder of protesters and members of populist revolution if it means that we might potentially lose a middling ally. Human rights and war crimes be damned. No longer Team America World Police, it's Team America Religious Suppression Supporter. fug those brown people and their populist will, they aren't Americans after all. Amirite?!

If Obama said Egypt was still a strong ally, g5 would be accusing him of supporting the muslim brotherhood.

1 person likes this

America does not stand as a world wide light and bastion of equality and freedom. Only for those we deem necessary. If it's better for our position that a country's people are beheaded, gased, or bombed, it's A OKAY! Right G5?

Well we know that G5 would rather support the oppression and murder of protesters and members of populist revolution if it means that we might potentially lose a middling ally. Human rights and war crimes be damned. No longer Team America World Police, it's Team America Religious Suppression Supporter. fug those brown people and their populist will, they aren't Americans after all. Amirite?!

Don't put words in my mouth. That's bush-league. As I said, there was no win-win in that situation. But everything is just flowers and lollipops in Egypt now.

Btw...I suggest you getting a travel visa there now...or any post-Arab spring country. I bet flights are cheap.