Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

366 posts in this topic

This is what happens when corrupt governments break down after generations of abusing their citizens.

Imagine having to take it up the yazoo your entire life; living in poverty, unable to properly feed and shelter your family on your meager income, living under the boot of a brutal military dictatorship and witnessing a select few reaping all the rewards of your hard labor.

How paranoid and reactionary would you be under those living conditions, knowing that a foreign superpower had played a key role in supporting that type of regime?

I am willing to wager none of us would want to trade our lives with those people in the Middle East right now.

So, to review.

Attacks had been planned for a long time, even months to coincide with 9/11. Revenge for killing Al Q guys. Nothing to do with a movie.

We knew not 48 hours, but 72 hours ahead of time that something was up. We did nothing to secure our guys, did not even send them warnings.

Again, Obama wants to shift blame to some obscure, cartoonish movie, which would be able to absolve him of responsibility.

Leadership "not" on display.

http://www.haaretz.c...remium-1.465210

It seems his whole foreign policy is wrapped up in the killing of OBL. That is about it.

F'ing animals... I don't support war or the killing of innocent people, but I truly hope they find the savages that were dragging the ambassador's body in the streets and torture them to death. Act like an animal, get treated like one.

If the ambassador has children, I'm sure that's how they want to remember him, with these idiots dragging his lifeless body around the streets as a trophy.

I hope Southpark does another episode on mohamed immediately.

wrong

I think o said at his recent presser that they were helping to remove the body and transport it to the hospital. I know..... I don't believe him either.

correct (at first)

Yeah, he looked deceased in that pic to me... and quite frankly, based on that one pic that Husker posted, those guys could have very well just been removing his body, no way to tell. They were not doing anything inappropriate in that particular photo.

right again

http://gawker.com/59...ion-in-benghazi

wrong

correct (at first)

right again

http://gawker.com/59...ion-in-benghazi

Again, I apologized for that initial post as it was made in the immediate moment that I saw the pics and we didn't know what the context was. All I saw was flashbacks of Libyans parading Ghaddafi's body around as they beat him to death.

Even this video seems just as chaotic, but if he translation is true, that is awesome. I know there are good people everywhere and hopefully these guys were... Although I do still question the celebratory outburst once they pulled his body out of the window, it's clear that he is still dead, yet they are screaming "Alive! Alive! God is great!"?

Pro-America Libyan Demonstrators Wreck Islamist Compound in Benghazi

http://english.alara.../21/239416.html

Hundreds of Libyan protesters forced members of the main Salafist militia out of their base in the second city of Benghazi Friday, setting fire to and wrecking the military compound.

The assault came as an estimated 30,000 people rallied against the influence of the militias in the city, drowning out a protest by radical Salafists angry over a film and cartoons deemed offensive to Islam.

“No to armed formations” and “Yes to the Libya army” read banners raised by protesters gathered at the city’s Tibesti Hotel before marching to Al-Kish Square, close to the barracks of several militia brigades.

“Our law is God’s law, not the law of the jungle,” women chanted.

Banners also paid tribute to U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens, who was killed along with three Americans on September 11 in what the White House now calls a terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi.

“Libya lost a friend” and “We want justice for Stevens,” signs read.

animals!!! *puts down burrito* *shakes fist*