Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

368 posts in this topic

Posted

Consider the source of a quote?

I didn't like it when democrats (Pelosi, etc.) did crap like this when Bush was dealing with crises, I don't like it when republicans do it while Obama is dealing with crises... it's just not right. Let the admin deal with it... make comments later. Neither side should politicize a situation like this, period.

Posted

Consider the source of a quote?

I didn't like it when democrats (Pelosi, etc.) did crap like this when Bush was dealing with crises, I don't like it when republicans do it while Obama is dealing with crises... it's just not right. Let the admin deal with it... make comments later. Neither side should politicize a situation like this, period.

Fair enough, but in politics you never unilaterally disarm.

Posted

Get out entirely or nuke it. Place is a wasteland, and the minority of good there will never overthrow the throngs of the religious retards calling the shots.

Oh, and just to make it clear, I am absolutely convinved this is exactly how the religious right in this country would behave if given the same authoritarian control.

1 person likes this

Posted

Get out entirely or nuke it. Place is a wasteland, and the minority of good there will never overthrow the throngs of the religious retards calling the shots.

I 100% agree with this part.

Posted

Administration yesterday

“The United States Embassy in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions”

A sane Romney two years ago

"Burning the Quran is wrong on every level. It puts troops in danger, and it violates a founding principle of our republic."

What changed? How does one go from sane to politically insane in a matter of two years? Desperation? It's no excuse.

Posted

You can bet your ass that they'll pay for that

Posted

btw, anyone who criticized Bush in 2006 for doing the same in that time of crisis was a cocksucker as well

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/politics/04mideast.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Posted

Administration yesterday

“The United States Embassy in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions”

A sane Romney two years ago

"Burning the Quran is wrong on every level. It puts troops in danger, and it violates a founding principle of our republic."

What changed? How does one go from sane to politically insane in a matter of two years? Desperation? It's no excuse.

we apologize for someone else hurting your feelings?

what exactly was in this movie?

Posted

fuging animals

Posted

I don't understand the rational of those people. Some dutch guy makes a movie slamming Islam, and they attack our embassy? Isnt there a dutch embassy in Egypt?

Sam Bacile, a 56-year-old California real estate developer, said he wrote, produced and directed the movie.

According to AP story on Huffington Post.

Posted

Nothing for us in the comfy confines of our living rooms. For those of us who did see the front lines this kind of crap is not only about "hurt feelings". Why give any deranged individual/s an excuse to hurt the troops they're constantly aroundf (or in this case the embassy people)

Posted

Nothing for us in the comfy confines of our living rooms. For those of us who did see the front lines this kind of crap is not only about "hurt feelings". Why give any deranged individual/s an excuse to hurt the troops they're constantly aroundf (or in this case the embassy people)

because they don't need an excuse. these people are f*cking insane... and if pointing out that they're insane triggers their insanity then perhaps we need to re-assess our relationships with these countries. I don't think pretending like they aren't insane is really the solution here.