Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

366 posts in this topic

Romney's speaking now...so maybe he's watching that?

I was thinking you were talking about someone on here... you got a link for Romney's comments? I haven't seen those yet.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/12/13820723-romney-slams-obama-over-attacks-on-us-officials-in-libya-egypt?chromedomain=worldnews&lite

Most americans do not agree with Dr. Paul. If they did, he might have gotten more than 2-3% of the vote.

And are you actually suggesting that it is wrong to keep embassies in these countries? If so, the founding fathers would disagree with you.

I was focusing on Paul's stance on foreign policy. Most people I discuss foreign policy with, and its a wide section of America, wished wed get out of the middle east. Obama will keep us entangled and Romney could be worse. I'm of the mindset if your in a skirmish, finish it or gtfo. Nothing we can do will change the mindset of Muslims. Their people are fine with being oppressed. Fine by me if that's what their people choose.

I also think its antiquated to keep physical embassies in every country. Technology allows us not to be face to face anymore to accomplish things.

Sounds like Romney should have just shut it on this one... while a situation is going on, it's not the time to be politicking... makes us look weak and divided.

He can have comments on it... wait until next week or something.

Consider the source...it's MSDNC/NBC whatever.

Which is more sad...taking time to post a statement regarding Romney's statement BEFORE speaking out against the attacks?

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/state-dept-confirms-death-in-libya-romney-attacks-disgraceful-white-house.php?ref=fpblg

8 hours later...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/15098923-418/obama-condemns-attack-that-killed-us-ambassador-to-libya.html

First response was to sympathize/apologize for the filmmaker's "cause" of unrest.

Consider the source of a quote?

I didn't like it when democrats (Pelosi, etc.) did crap like this when Bush was dealing with crises, I don't like it when republicans do it while Obama is dealing with crises... it's just not right. Let the admin deal with it... make comments later. Neither side should politicize a situation like this, period.

Consider the source of a quote?

I didn't like it when democrats (Pelosi, etc.) did crap like this when Bush was dealing with crises, I don't like it when republicans do it while Obama is dealing with crises... it's just not right. Let the admin deal with it... make comments later. Neither side should politicize a situation like this, period.

Fair enough, but in politics you never unilaterally disarm.

Get out entirely or nuke it. Place is a wasteland, and the minority of good there will never overthrow the throngs of the religious retards calling the shots.

Oh, and just to make it clear, I am absolutely convinved this is exactly how the religious right in this country would behave if given the same authoritarian control.

1 person likes this

Get out entirely or nuke it. Place is a wasteland, and the minority of good there will never overthrow the throngs of the religious retards calling the shots.

I 100% agree with this part.